How to make a Thanksgiving burger
Let's all give thanks for these delicious burgers.
TOTAL TIME: 0:20 | PREP: 0:10 | COOK: 0:10 | LEVEL: EASY | SERVES: 4
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3/4 c. chicken stock
- 2 c. stuffing mix (about half of Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing package)
- 4 turkey burger patties (about 6 oz each)
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp. dried sage
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 brioche hamburger buns
- 1 c. cranberry sauce
- 1 c. Gravy
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent. Pour in the chicken stock and bring to a boil. When it reaches a boil, stir in the stuffing mix until it's evenly combined and moistened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Season both sides of the ground turkey patties with dried sage, thyme and salt and pepper, to taste. Heat vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add to the pan and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until the turkey is cooked through. Remove from pan.
- Assemble the burgers. Place the cooked turkey burgers on the bottom halves of the brioche buns. Scoop stuffing and cranberries onto each burger then drizzle with gravy. Top with the top halves of brioche buns. Serve alongside extra stuffing!