Start your day with this colorful quinoa bowl
One of my favorite things about quinoa (the food, not our future child #2), is that it so easily works as a savory accomplice to salads and fish and all that good stuff, while also being a great base for sweeter delicious breakfasty style bowls. You can eat it warm or cold or somewhere in between, and below we've cooked it in some almond milk and baking spices and let it cool down before stirring in peanut butter and walnuts and fruit and chocolate(!!!) and then we stuck it all in these little ceramic dove bowls because we're gay and then stuck a cactus next to it because how cute! You can find the full recipe below, sweeties!
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 - 2 bananas, sliced
- 5 - 6 strawberries, sliced
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- Dark chocolate chunks
- 1/3 cup nut butter
- Walnuts, pecans, or hazelnuts
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the almond milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, and salt and bring to a boil. Add in the quinoa and give a good stir. Return to a boil before covering and reducing the heat to low. Let cook for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and keep covered for an additional 10 minutes.
- Place into your serving bowls and give a drizzle of maple syrup before topping with your desired delicious breakfasty toppings! Enjoy!