Best Bites: Caramel apple cinnamon rolls
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
What's better than warm cinnamon rolls on a cold fall morning? Caramel apple cinnamon rolls, of course! These fluffy rolls are drizzled in a sweet caramel sauce and sprinkled with cinnamon, making it the perfect fall treat. Make it for brunch or a Sunday tailgate...you can't go wrong!
See the full recipe below!
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 3 cups of flour
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Rapid rise yeast
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- Diced apples
- 1/2 cup of caramel sauce
- Mix milk and butter in a bowl, and heat on high for 1 minute.
- Stir, stir, stir!
- In another bowl, stir in 3 cups of flour, sugar and salt. Add yeast!
- Mix by hand.
- Toss in 1 egg.
- Add in milk and butter mixture.
- Beat at medium-low speed for 5 minutes.
- Add in remaining flour, 1/4 cup at a time.
- Cover mixture with a damp towel and set aside for 10 minutes.
For the filling...
- Add brown sugar, 1/3 cup of granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Whisk, whisk, whisk.
- Roll dough out into a 14x9'' rectangle.
- Spread butter on it.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar.
- Toss in diced apples and drizzle caramel sauce.
- Roll and cut into 12 equal pieces.
- Place in greased baking dish.
- Cover with towel, let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes, drizzle with even more caramel!
- Toss in more apples.
- Dig in!