Best Bites: Pizza dough pretzel bites with beer cheese
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
We're celebrating Oktoberfest the right way with these doughy pretzel bites, dipped in creamy and gooey homemade beer cheese. Sprinkled with salt and baked to perfection, these little nibbles are guaranteed to make any game day tailgate or party better!
The recipe is simple and fun to make!
See the full recipe below!
- Pizza dough
- 1/3 cup of baking soda
- 2 quarts of water
- Egg wash
- 1lb shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons of dijon mustard
- Worcestershire sauce
- As water is boiling, roll out pizza dough and flatten.
- Cut the dough into 2 inch squares and roll into balls.
- Add baking soda to boiling water, add the dough balls and boil for 2 minutes until they puff up.
- After the dough is done boiling, brush each piece with egg wash.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
For the cheese...
- Mix in Gruyère cheese and cornstarch.
- Pour one cup of beer to the boiling pan, and add in cheese.
- Stir, stir, stir!
- Toss in mustard, a sprinkle of paprika, and a dash of Worcestershire sauce and salt.
- Melt, melt, melt!
- Dip and enjoy!