Garlic chicken and potatoes one pan dinner
Spicy garlic chicken and potatoes sheet pan dinner is the perfect quick weeknight meal that's simple to make and loaded with flavor!
It took me a while to jump on the sheet pan dinner bandwagon. I feel like they can either be really boring or really fantastic. You can not deny that they are simple and quick, and with how busy life has become, sometimes they are just completely necessary. This spicy garlic chicken and potatoes sheet pan dinner is one of our latest obsessions. Meat and potatoes does not have to be boring, and this sheet pan dinner is loaded with spicy garlicky flavor.
Here are just some of the pairings I love for this dish:
- Beer: The reason I would go with a pale ale for this dish is because I love hops with spice. I think an IPA would be a little too hoppy for this meal, but a pale ale would have just the perfect amount of hops to counteract the spice and garlic. This dish has an overwhelming amount of garlic (and that's not a bad thing!), so a pale ale would be the perfect thing to tone that down a bit!
- Dinner: I would start this meal with a soup, and I would keep with the garlic theme. This roasted garlic soup would be the perfect appetizer. I would skip the chicken in the recipe, as there is already chicken in the main course. I would finish this meal with my spiced pineapple honey bars. Snack cake meets bar in these lovely little bites. They are the perfect way to bring the whole meal together. I'm thinking this three course meal would be perfect for a romantic date night in!
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dry thyme
- 8 bone-in chicken pieces (I used a combination of thighs and legs)
- 1 lb baby potatoes, cut in half
- Garnish: Fresh chopped parsley
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup of the olive oil, garlic, cajun seasoning, sea salt, chili powder, black pepper, crushed red pepper, and thyme. To a large ziploc bag, add the chicken pieces. Pour the marinade over top and zip tightly. Massage the marinade into the chicken and place it in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with foil. Add the potatoes to a medium bowl with the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper and toss. Pour the potatoes onto the baking sheet and spread evenly. Place the chicken pieces in between the potatoes and pour any remaining marinade over top.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for at 50-60 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is crispy. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes before sprinkling with parsley and serving. Enjoy!
The post Spicy Garlic Chicken and Potatoes Sheet Pan Dinner first appeared on Cooking and Beer