Best Bites: One-pot spicy eggs
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Everyone knows there's no better or healthier breakfast than eggs. While it's packed with protein and inexpensive to buy, it's pretty hard to master. But it's time to forget about the bland hard boiled dishes, and the boring scrambles. This one-pot spicy eggs made with kale and potatoes is not only delicious, but super simple to make.
This simple egg dish will make your mornings so much better!
See the full recipe below!
- Olive oil
- Chopped onions
- Diced garlic
- Chili powder
- 1.5 cups of chicken broth
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 3 eggs
- Goat cheese
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Sautè onions and garlic together.
- Sprinkle salt and a tablespoon of chili powder.
- Pour chicken broth and chopped tomatoes on top.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Purèe sauce in blender.
- Sautè potatoes and add tomato purèe.
- Toss in kale and eggs.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it cool down for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with goat cheese.
- Dip baguette and enjoy!