This cheesy dip is perfect for game day
Baked ricotta cheese dip with garlic and thyme is the perfect simple and quick appetizer recipe. It's great served at a dinner party or a game day shindig!
One thing I absolutely love about the beginning of fall, is the beginning of football season. I have definitely shared quite a few game day recipes on this blog, but this time I decided to keep it on the elegant side. This baked ricotta cheese dip is perfect for game day, but it's all great served at a dinner party. However, I find that I enjoy it most for a quiet date night in. This baked ricotta cheese dip is a garlicky and creamy sensation.
Below are just some of the amazing pairings I would pair with this dip:
Beer: When it comes to cheese and beer pairings, you really can't go wrong, but there are some rules to follow. Just as you would pair wine with cheese, you have to be careful. One can very easily overpower the other in a second. For lighter cheeses, I usually like to go with lighter brews. I love saisons and farmhouse ales with ricotta cheese. Saisons tend to get their flavor from the yeast used in the brewing process. This is much different than say a pale ale or an IPA, whose flavor comes from the hops. A saison has just enough oomph in flavor to pair well with this cheese dip, but not overpower it.
Sides and Dinner: Because I love this baked ricotta cheese dip most when it's served for a quiet date night in, that's how I'm going to pair it. I think this dip would be the perfect appetizer to serve with a dinner of elegant meat and potatoes, like this braised leg of lamb with chimichurri and these skillet potatoes with creamy pilsner mushroom sauce. Next time you are planning your date night in, add this dip to the menu!
- 16 ounce whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated asiago cheese
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Serve with: micro greens, coarse sea salt, crushed red pepper, sunflower seeds, crispy bread
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. In a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese, asiago cheese, garlic, lemon zest, thyme, crushed red pepper, black pepper, and olive oil until the ingredients are fully combined.
- Transfer the cheese to an a small oven-safe baking dish. Place it in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and slightly brown.
- Serve the baked ricotta cheese dip topped with micro greens, coarse sea salt, crushed red pepper, and sunflower seeds. Serve on top of crispy bread. Enjoy!
RELATED: Study finds cheese may kill cancer cells