Bacon wrapped avocado fries
Football season is officially here and if you are my husband, you are beyond excited, and if you are me, you are all about team snacks!
My husband and I actually love watching football together, it has sort of has become a relaxing, activity tradition we do together. I do love the sport, but my husband is always so gracious doing more "Caroline related activities" so I happily sit next to him during the games, usually browsing Anthropologie or reading a book...or let's be real, making the fresh lime margaritas from my cookbook, All American Paleo Table!
Snacks are totally necessary for football or movie watching and one of my favorite things ever is coming up with healthy options that people never really think are healthy! I mean avocados, bacon and chipotle mayo all wrapped up into one bite? You really can't go wrong here, unless you start fighting over the last of the avocado fries, so yes watch out for that!
These grain-free and Paleo bacon wrapped avocado fries are so simply to make and everyone will go crazy for them, at least that was true in my house! I think they are best served immediately, so I would just make a batch and serve and then make another batch until you run out of ingredients.
- 2 large avocados, justly slightly ripe but not completely soft
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup good quality mayo*
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 cup duck fat
- salt, pepper and lime wedges, to garnish
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together your mayo and chipotle powder. Place in the refrigerator to set, allowing the flavors to combine.
- Add the duck fat to a shallow skillet or cast iron pan. Warm over medium heat for a good 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the bacon in half. Slice the avocados in half and then in thick slices (I got 8 slices per avocado, but this will depend on your size of avocado).
- Carefully and tightly wrap the avocado in the bacon.
- Use tongs to drop the slices into the hot duck fat, they should sizzle but not instantly burn. Fry for 6 minutes, rotating every 2 minutes so that all sides are crisped.
- Place on a wire rack to allow the excess grease to drain off, this will also allow your fries to stay crispy!
- Allow duck fat to warm up again for about a minute before adding your next round of fries. Continue this process until all fries are cooked.
- Garnish with salt, pepper and a splash of lime. Serve warm with chipotle mayo and napkins!
The post Paleo Bacon Wrapped Avocado Fries with Chipotle Mayo first appeared on Colorful Eats
More from Colorful Eats
Salted nutella milkshakes
Spiced coconut mango guacamole
Spicy chorizo deviled eggs