Creature cookies: Adorable treats for your pooch
I'm calling these treats creature cookies cause a) they're shaped like creatures--cute happy hearty (get it) hippos and b) they are for furry creatures aka (wo)man's bff. Inspired by animal crackers, these cookies are dog friendly and Vienna approved. Made with only five ingredients, they are the perfect way to celebrate a birthday or a Wednesday. And because I wouldn't be a good dog mom without inspecting them first, I tested them and decided they are great for dogs but not so much for dog moms.
If you're looking for more dog friendly recipes, check out last year's naked peanut butter cake!
- Stand mixer or mixing bowl and whisk
- Rolling pin
- Cookie cutters (I got my hippo cutter here)
- Parchment lined baking sheet
- Wire cooling rack
- 1/2 c. unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1/4 c. natural peanut butter (no additives)
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 c. garbanzo flour
- 3/4 c. oat flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the pumpkin, peanut butter, and egg together on medium-high speed for a minute or until throughly combined.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually add the flours until just incorporated then turn out onto a lightly oat floured surface.
- Knead for a minute then roll out to 1/4" thickness. Cut out with cookie cutters then place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Let cool completely then store in an airtight jar or container.
The post Creature Cookies -- Dog Treats for Vienna's Birthday first appeared on Fix Feast Flair