Best Bites: Taco-stuffed peppers
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
This recipe combines two of our favorites -- fresh, colorful peppers and taco-seasoned ground beef -- to create one of the biggest party favorites we know, taco-stuffed peppers. These tasty appetizers (that are naturally smothered in cheese) are guaranteed to be a hit.
Because who doesn't love flavor-packed finger foods? Now all you need is a margarita.
See the full recipe below!
- 1 1b ground beef
- 1 package (1 oz) taco seasoning mix
- ¾ cup water
- 1-1/2 lbs mini bell peppers
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cilantro Cream Sauce:
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Slice ⅓ of the pepper off lengthwise. Seed the peppers.
- Chop the rest of the peppers and set aside ¾ cup.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and reserved ¾ cup chopped peppers over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in taco seasoning mix and water.
- Cook over medium heat 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Let mixture slightly cool.
- Fill each pepper with the beef mixture and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake peppers at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes.
Cilantro Cream Sauce
- In a food processor, pulse the sour cream, cilantro, garlic, and lime juice until smooth. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Remove peppers from oven and top with cheese. Return to the oven for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Drizzle cilantro cream sauce to finish.