Ice cream cone sugar cookies
We're totally obsessed with these adorable Ice Cream Cone Sugar Cookies! Not only are they super simple to create, they taste beyond delicious & are just too cute. There's something so perfect about a sugar cookie recipe. Perhaps it's simplicity within the recipe or the ideal icing to cookie ratio. Either way, we love an excuse to decorate some cookies & treat ourselves to some sweets!
We used our delicious Sugar Cookie recipe & the most perfect icing recipe from this mini donut tutorial. Top your iced cookies with sprinkles, chopped chocolate, or anything else you'd like. As for the cookie cutters, we love this pack of 30 from Bed Bath & Beyond. So many great shapes to create all different types of cookies! While these cuties won't necessarily cool you off in this summertime heat, they sure do taste good!
- 3 cups flour
- 1¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup of water
- Preheat oven to 350 F & line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Microwave butter until soft but not melted entirely.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, butter, baking powder, sugar, egg, & vanilla. Knead mixture with your hands while gradually adding in ¼ cup of water as needed to help combine mixture.
- Cover bowl with saran wrap & put in refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove bowl. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Take one scoop of cookie dough & roll into ball. Flatten the ball into rectangular shape & place on baking sheet. Place cookie cutter over dough & remove excess. Repeat with additional dough placing cookies at least 3 inches apart.
- Bake 10-15 minutes. Let cool completely. If dough expands, feel free to place cookie cutter over the dough again once the cookies have baked. Again, remove excess.
RELATED: How to make ice cream cone shot glasses