Refreshing mango yogurt popsicles
Back in the kitchen again today to share the perfect summer treat with you guys — mangoes are my absolute favorite fruit, so whenever it's summertime and they're back in season, I always seem to find a way to incorporate them into everything! I've been wanting to try homemade popsicles for a while, and let me tell you guys — these are totally worth it, and a great way to swap out your ice cream cravings for something that's a lot healthier.
My love of Indian food is where the dash of cardamom comes in, to add a deeper, earthy flavor to the popsicles... if you've ever gotten a Mango Lassi, you probably know what I'm talking about. This past long weekend was the perfect time to bring these popsicles into rotation, and since they're basically just yogurt and fruit – I've been having them for breakfast too.
You'll need a popsicle mold for this recipe – here's the one I got from Target. Surprisingly, finding a good popsicle mold was a bit harder than I thought it'd be, so you'll definitely want to order these while they're still in stock online!
MANGO YOGURT POPSICLES
- 2 Mangoes (ripe)
- 2 cups Greek Yogurt (plain)
- 2 tbsp Agave Syrup
- ½ tsp Cardamom
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Peel and dice mangoes into a blender with 1 cup of greek yogurt and cardamom, and blend until smooth
- In a separate bowl, mix 1 cup greek yogurt with vanilla extract and agave syrup. Mix until even
- Alternate layers of mango yogurt and white yogurt in popsicle molds
- Freeze for minimum 5 hours, until full frozen through
- To serve, remove posicles from freezer and allow to thaw for 10 minutes before removing popsicles from their molds
- Bon Appetit!