Grilled mango curry chicken skewers
Grilled Mango Curry Chicken Skewers are an upscale outdoor weeknight or weekend dinner recipe! Chicken thighs are marinated in a mango, curry marinade and then skewered. They are grilled to a charred perfection and are ready to eat almost immediately! They are great in tacos, on salads, or all by themselves!
These skewers are everything I crave in a skewer. They are popping with flavor and are oh so tender, you would hardly believe they are made with chicken! Because let's be honest with ourselves, chicken can be super boring, but it's easy and it's not terrible for you.
Instead of going with chicken breast, I decided to go with chicken thighs (my chicken cut of choice). The marinade really tenderizes this chicken and keeps it tender throughout the whole grilling process. The result is a charred outer shell with a tender center, which in my opinion, is the best way to eat chicken.
- 1 mango, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass paste
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry paste
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Serve with a cooling cucumber ranch dressing (found in the condiment section of your local grocery store).
- In the bowl of your food processor, combine the mango, onion, lemongrass paste, garlic and olive oil. Pulse until smooth. To the bowl, stir in the yellow curry paste, curry powder, chili powder, salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Add the chicken to a large ziplock bag, pour the marinade on top and seal. Massage the chicken with the marinade so that it's evenly coated and place it in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat your grill over medium-high heat. Taking 4 bamboo skewers (that have been soaked in water for 30 minutes) or 4 metal skewers, skewer the chicken pieces evenly onto each skewer.
- Add the skewers to the grill and cook for about 10-12 minutes, rotating frequently, or until the chicken has cooked through. Remove from heat and let stand for 2 minutes before serving.
- Serve the grilled mango curry chicken skewers in tacos, on top of salads, or all by themselves. Enjoy!