One pot cilantro lime shrimp scampi
On those busy nights where all you want to do is eat semi healthy but not skimp on flavor, this Cilantro Lime Shrimp Scampi is for you. Did I mention it's made in one pan and in minutes?! You won't believe the ease of this recipe. You will be as obsessed with it as I am with cilantro!
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pound jumbo shrimp, cleaned and deveined.
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chardonnay or dry white wine
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- lime wedges and more cilantro for garnish
- In a shallow bowl, stir together the flour with a pinch salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium/high heat. Add the olive oil and allow to heat up.
- Toss the shrimp in the flour mixture and add to the pan in batches. Cook for approximately 2-3 minutes, turning/tossing occasionally. When opaque/cooked through, transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add in two tablespoons butter. When the butter has melted, add the garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until translucent and fragrant.
- Slowly add in the wine, lime juice, and cilantro. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer and allow to cook for 2 full minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk in the remaining butter a bit at a time, allowing it to melt before adding more.
- Add the shrimp back into the skillet and coat completely with the sauce. Sprinkle with more cilantro and garnish with lime wedges.
- Serve hot served with rice, toasted bread, or pasta.
RELATED: How to make shrimp spring rolls with mango basil dipping sauce