Unique twist on classic french toast
What is the start of a week without a little weekend-brunch inspiration? It wouldn't be a typical work-day without dreaming of breakfast in bed, brunch with the gals, or mile high pancake stacks — or maybe that's just how I get through the workday Either way, Elizabeth is whipping up the most delicious cream puff pancakes & they are a definite must for your next breakfast event. See what I mean below! xo, LK
Hi, friends! Elizabeth here & today is all about the french-iest of French toasts there ever was! When I bite into a big cream puff I instantly think of being in Paris one day. Although I can't have the authentic puff every day I can make French toast and feel just as French-y, and you can too! Whip this up for a fun French themed brunch with you girlfriends for the ultimate stay-cation, mimosas required!
CREAM PUFF FRENCH TOAST
- 1 Loaf of French bread
- 8 Eggs
- ½ Cup of half and half
- 1 Teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 Pinch of salt
- Butter for frying
- 1½ Cup of heavy whipping cream
- ¼ Cup of powdered sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- In a large bowl whisk eggs, half & half, cinnamon and salt until well blended. In a heavy bottom or cast iron skillet melted 1-2 tablespoons of butter on medium heat.
- Cut bread in inch slices on an angle. Dip in egg mixture until well coated. Fry on each side about three minutes until golden brown.
- In a large bowl fitted with a stand mixer or hand mixer whip cream until light and fluffy but not stiff. Add in powdered sugar and vanilla extract and whip for an additional minute.