Homemade pasta: Fresh, easy and absolutely delicious!
There are endless different ways to prepare delicious pasta.
Whether you choose to knead dough and form the pasta from scratch, or dump store-bought spaghetti right into the pot, the finished dishes will satisfy anyone's cravings for fresh Italian food.
The key is in knowing how to work the dough to an exact smoothness, so that the gluten is well incorporated. And when done correctly, the surface of the dough will have a beautiful golden sheen.
Scroll further to watch how Chef Terasco transforms dough into beautiful homemade pasta, and to see the full recipe.
Please SHARE if you'd love to try your hand at making fresh, homemade pasta, and let us know your thoughts in the comments below!Fresh Homemade Pasta
- Cook: 2 minutes
- Prep: 25 minutes
- Serves 2
- 2 cups flour
- 6 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- Parmesan and parsley, to top
- On a clean working surface, lay flour down in a circle, and create a "well" shape.
- In the middle of flour, crack in 4 egg yolks and 2 whole eggs.
- Sprinkle on salt.
- Start by whisking the eggs with a fork, and gradually combine with flour.
- Using your hands and a dough scraper, work the flour back and forth for about 5 to 10 minutes until a piece of dough is formed.
- Use a rolling pin to thin out the dough. Keep rolling and folding over dough to flatten out the pasta.
- Fold dough over in quarters, and slice into pieces a few inches wide.
- Put fresh pasta in boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes, until pasta rises to the top.
- Sprinkle with cheese and chopped parsley. Serve hot and enjoy!
Please SHARE this recipe for classic homemade pasta with friends and family who love food!
More from LittleThings:
Pop rocks-filled cake pops are perfect for your fourth of July party
Jalapeño popper egg rolls: Spice up your summer!
Artist creates super-realistic wood carvings of everyday foods
22-pound lump of butter offers insight into distant past