Cinco de Mayo essentials
Cinco de Mayo is only a few days away and I know you are going to party like there's no mañana!! Whether you have invited all your friends over for a great, big tequila-fest or you are a party of one I hope everyone gets a chance to at least have a stellar margarita and maybe a taco or two.
If you are planning a great big fiesta, I've put together 12 essentials that you must not party without, plus 7 taco recipes that will leave all your amigos thinking you are bien chingona.
So let's hop to it!
- I'm all about easy decorations and these Amscan Tissue Paper Fans are so bright and colorful.
- You are definitely going to need a cocktail shaker and some decent bar tools. I love this Electro Barware kit because it has everything you need and nothing you don't.
- If you're planning for a lot of people margaritas by the pitcher are a must. This Beehive Beverage Server looks dazzling and is an easy way to let people help themselves.
- Classic Mexican music to get the party started.
- Limes will need juicing, like a lot of limes. You'll want to carry this citrus reamer around in your back pocket.
- A oversized molcajete like this one is perfect for making guacamole for a crowd.
- Carved from a single rock of Himalayan Salt these shot glasses are specifically made for sipping (or shooting) tequila and mezcal.
- Weathered blue melamine plates make tacos pop and won't break when the party gets cray-cray.
- You can't have a Cinco de Mayo party without margarita glasses, I mean come on.
- A taco rack makes serving tacos a cinch.
- Sophisticated woven placemats for under plates or serving dishes. Durable vinyl-weave linens wipe clean.
- Impress your friends with handmade tortillas. A tortilla press makes them fairly easy to pull off.