40 reasons to love supermodel Kate Moss
1. Moss has appeared on 9 Harper's BAZAAR covers solo-and counting. Clearly, we are fans.
2. The Kate Moss Book. Released by Rizzoli last year, this formidable coffeetable tome is pages of reasons to love Moss. Clearly, she has a lot of fans.
3. Kate arguably, single-handedly launched the skinny jean revolution. Her slim gray Siwy jeans became the unofficial uniform of Kate-acolytes the world over.
4. Stella, McQueen, Marc. Kate's friendships with top designers have brought about some truly beautiful editorials and runway moments.
Related: See Kate Moss' Full, Fab Playboy Spread
5. Speaking of BFFs, Moss' enduring friendship with Naomi Campbell is a love story for the ages-and has also resulted in some iconic photography.
6. Quotable quotes. You may not like them, or agree with them, but bon mots like "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels," is certainly memorable.
7. Kate's quotes are so memorable because they're so rare. We love her dialed back approach to interviews in this age of the internet overshare.
8. Those muddy wellies. Music festivals existed before her, and they will exist after her, but she almost certainly ushered in the age of music festivals as fashion moments with one pair of Hunter boots, cut-offs and some Glastonbury sludge.
9. In 2007, TIME magazine named her one of the 100 most influential people in the world-and she wasn't even close to finished yet.
10. Heroin chic. Regardless of personal opinion, not many people can be credited with beginning a cultural revolution, and the move from glamazon models to waifs is most certainly one of them.
11. She is muse to even those one wouldn't expect. The cello rock group Rasputina released a song entitled "Kate Moss" off their 1996 album Thanks for the Ether.
12. Her Topshop collaborations.
13. The images of Kate in the 50th Anniversary edition of the Pirelli calendar, shot by Mario Sorrenti.
14. The fact that she is still friends with ex Mario Sorrenti. So much so that after they dated she posed nude for him for the Pirelli calendar-it's a lesson for all exes and their significant others.
15. The fact that after following her drug scandal, Moss booked 18 top modeling contracts for the Autumn/Winter 2006 season. The word here is resilience.
16. Her covert music career: Moss appeared on songs for Oasis including "Don't Go Away" (1998) and "Fade Away" (1994), and on the Be Here Now album (1997), on tambourine. She has also provided vocals for songs by Primal Scream, Babyshambles and The Lemonheads, to name a few.
17. All of those major furs.
18. The dreamy way she was discovered: Sarah Doukas, the founder of Storm Model Management, came upon Kate at JFK Airport in New York City, after a vacation in the Bahamas.
19. More muse-worthy work. Moss has been the subject of portraits by contemporary artists including Chuck Close in Lucian Freud. In 2005, a painting of Moss by Freud sold for nearly $6.5 million at a Christie's auction.
20. Those Supreme images.
21. When Kate explained the concept of getting "Mossed" to Vanity Fair. "People that don't know me get Mossed. It means, I was gonna go home, but then I just got led astray. In the best possible way, of course. I mean, it's always fun, and a good time."
22. Her unabashed success. Forbes magazine named her second on the list of the World's 15 top-earning models list.
23. Those Calvin Klein commercials. How many times did you watch Obsession?
24. How chic she makes being a mom look.
25. Those insane sculptures. Marc Quinn created a painted-bronze, life-size rendering of the super in a yoga pose entitled Sphinx. Following that, the artist made an 18 carat gold statue of Moss in 2008, named Siren, as part of a British Museum exhibition.
26. Her simply beautiful wedding to Jamie Hince.
27. Good genes. Kate's half sister Lottie recently signed a modeling contract after being "discovered" in her big sister's wedding photos.
28. Those first images of Kate by Corinne Day in "The Face." The 16 year old on the beach may have been new to the game, but she was also about the change it.
29. All of those inspiring hair transformations-from pixie to beach waves to bob.
30. Her relationship with Johnny Depp. All we can know for certain is that they looked really, really good together.
31. The fragrances. Moss launched a fragrance and body lotion range with Coty in 2007. The first is named for her, followed by Vintage Muse, Lila Belle and Love Blossoms.
32. Kate's surprise appearances throughout the years in Marc Jacobs' Louis Vuitton shows, far after she had stopped walking runways regularly.
33. She's a national treasure. That time Moss performed with Naomi Campbell in the closing ceremony of the 2012 Olympic Games.
34. Moss as video vixen. The model has lent her visage to the likes of "Kowalski" by Primal Scream, "I Just Don't Know What to Do with Myself" by the White Stripes, "Something About the Way You Look Tonight" by Elton John, "Sex with Strangers" by Marianne Faithfull, "Love Don't Bother Me" by Stage Dolls, "Delia's Gone" and "God's Gonna Cut You Down" by Johnny Cash, and, most recently, "Queenie Eye" by Paul McCartney.
35. Moss is already winning lifetime achievement awards. The British Fashion Awards acknowledged her 25 year contribution to modeling and fashion recently.
36. She's also won awards just for her style. In 2005, the Croydon girl was the recipient of the CFDA award for Fashion Inspiration.
37. No matter who else says it after her, we will always think of Kate Moss when we want to get "The London look." She also participated in a beauty collab with Rimmel London.
38. She's playful. Moss appeared as the cover girl for Playboy's 60th anniversary issue and the images are insane.
39. Those funny/creepy Misery Bear videos that prove she's game for just about anything.
40. Simply put: Kate Moss is a modern, living icon.
More from Harper's Bazaar:
Kate Moss' Most Memorable Photos of All Time
Kate Moss Reveals Her Go-To Style and Beauty Products