3 budget-friendly, DIY holiday gift ideas from a financial expert
We decided to consult one of the savviest women we could think of, self-made financial wiz Elle Kaplan, on how to get through the season of gifting without draining our bank accounts. She came up with 3 easy, handmade solutions that'll barely cost anything.
Read on for Elle's easy and budget-friendly handmade gift solutions.
1. I gift (and love!) homemade lotion bars. I call them "Hard Lotion" -- think small bar you can place in your purse or travel with. Try my recipe here:
- 1/3 Coconut Oil, 1/3 Shea Butter, 1/3 Beeswax. I also add a touch of vitamin E oil or lavender oil.
2. I infuse my own organic vodka with fresh ingredients -- everything from vanilla bean, to pineapple, to chili pepper. I label and package the vodka myself to give to friends. Infusing vodka is easy and fun and can be done in just a few steps:
- Cut up pineapple (or any fruit, apple, strawberries- whatever you like!)
- Place it in a container, pour in vodka
- Let it sit for a week, and place it into pretty glass bottles
- Add a personalized label and you're done!
Elle Kaplan is the CEO and Founding Partner of Lexion Capital Management. She lives in New York City.