You may already have unlocked Diamond status in Uber Rewards — even though the incentive program only rolled out this week
- Uber Rewards is now available to all US customers — the ride-hailing app's first reward program.
- For every dollar spent on Uber or Uber Eats, users can earn points to ascend to different tiers of the incentive program.
- Uber Rewards automatically includes all purchases from the last six months. And everyone who enrolls in Uber Rewards automatically receives $5 in Uber Cash for every 500 points they earn.
Uber just rolled out its first-ever rewards program to all US customers. But even if you've never seen Uber Rewards on your app before, you might already be enrolled as a Gold, Diamond, or Platinum member.
That's because the program includes all of your purchases from the last six months — allowing you to instantly access features like flexible cancellations, complementary upgrades to Uber Black, or priority airport pickups.
Founded in 2009, Uber said in a statement that the program was launched from user feedback. "Our customers have told us they want to see a return on their everyday spend, and care about price consistency, being on time, and the quality of their experience," the statement read. "So we kept this feedback top of mind as we designed the benefits."
Users earn one point for every dollar spent on Uber Eats or Pool; two points for every dollar spent on UberX, UberXL, or Select; and three for every dollar spent on Black or Black SUV.
For every 500 points you earn, you receive $5 in Uber Cash.
In addition to the Uber Cash benefits, there are four levels in Uber Rewards: Blue; Gold; Diamond; and Platinum. Here's what they each entail.
Blue — 0 points
You've enrolled into the program, but you don't have any perks yet.
Gold — 500 points
You get flexible cancellations, meaning you can cancel and rebook an Uber trip within 15 minutes and have the cancellation fee refunded. There's also priority service for quicker responses from support agents.
Platinum — 2,500 points
In addition to Gold level benefits, you'll receive "price protection" when taking rides between two locations you commonly travel between. That means surge pricing won't hit you quite as hard as it might otherwise. (More information on that here.)
You also have access to priority airport pickup.
Diamond — 7,500 points
In addition to Platinum benefits, Diamond members can get three Uber Eats deliveries with no fee every six months. They also get complimentary upgrades to Uber Black and other premium rides, highly-rated "UberX Diamond" drivers, and 24/7 phone support.
- Workers and politicians are slamming GM for slashing 1,700 jobs at its idled Lordstown, Ohio plant
- A Tesla investor explains the final straw that made him sell his entire stake in the company
- Debris from an elevated New York City subway track fell and shattered a car windshield — and it's the second terrifying incident in less than two weeks