Papa John's is adding a chicken-and-waffle pizza to the menu
- Papa John's is adding a Hot Honey Chicken and Waffles Pizza to the menu.
- The chicken-and-waffles pizza won a Twitter poll of what specialty pizza customers wanted to be able to order at Papa John's, with more than 70% of the vote.
- The Hot Honey Chicken and Waffles Pizza will hit menus later this year.
Papa John's is adding an unorthodox pizza to the menu.
This week, the pizza chain announced it would add a Hot Honey Chicken and Waffles Pizza to the menu later this year. According to Papa John's, the pizza will be topped with crispy chicken, waffle crumbles, bacon, cheese, and spicy honey.
The decision to add a chicken-and-waffles pizza to the menu was made after Papa John's held a Twitter poll earlier in February, offering a range of new specialty pizza options.
Choices included Hot Honey Chicken and Waffles, Huevos Rancheros, and The Roast, which featured pulled pork, bacon, and chili hoisin BBQ sauce. Papa John's also teased the "Un-Pizza," which the chain described as pizza toppings without any doughy base.
Hot Honey Chicken and Waffles Pizza won the poll with more than 70% of the final vote.
Papa John's is currently working to win back customers after a difficult 2018. Sales plummeted following news that founder John Schnatter had used the n-word on a conference call, leading to Schnatter being ousted from the company.
- Kim Kardashian shoots down a conspiracy that she is in cahoots with Fashion Nova after the fast-fashion brand debuted a knock-off of her vintage gown
- Karl Lagerfeld refused to retire up until his death at age 85
- Howard Schultz slams 'far-left activists' for 'forcing' Amazon to abandon its New York HQ2 plans