Pizza Hut is going to deliver beer from hundreds of locations across the US
- Pizza Hut will have expanded beer delivery to 300 locations across the US by mid-January, the chain announced on Monday.
- By this summer, the chain plans to deliver beer from 1,000 locations.
- Pizza Hut has struggled to grow sales in the US in recent years and is pushing beer as a unique option that customers can't find at other pizza delivery rivals.
Pizza Hut is expanding beer delivery to hundreds of locations across America.
By mid-January, customers will be able to order beer for delivery at nearly 300 locations across the US, including restaurants in Florida, Iowa, Nebraska, North Carolina, and Ohio, the chain announced on Monday. By this summer, Pizza Hut plans to offer beer delivery at 1,000 locations.
Pizza Hut is pushing beer delivery leading up to Super Bowl LIII in early February. The Super Bowl is one of the biggest business days of the year at the chain.
In February 2018, Pizza Hut announced it had signed a multiyear agreement to be the NFL's official pizza sponsor, one day after Papa John's said it had ended its NFL sponsorship deal.
"I know that they've been down the past few years, but if you look at NFL games, they continue to be the highest-rated programming in television today," Marianne Radley, Pizza Hut's chief brand officer, told Business Insider in September. "And, there's nothing that's suggesting that's going to change."
Pizza Hut has struggled to grow same-store sales in the US in recent years. So, the chain is hoping that the beer-and-pizza combination can help the chain catch up.
Pizza Hut launched its beer delivery test in Arizona in December 2017. Since then, it has expanded in seven states.
- An analyst is arguing that Gap is headed for a comeback in 2019, but many say that's probably wrong
- Chipotle is adding new items to the menu, and it could be the key to finally convincing customers to come back to the chain
- The government shutdown is holding new craft beers hostage