A man says he chipped his tooth on a nail inside his Chipotle burrito
- A Massachusetts man says he chipped his tooth on a nail hidden inside a Chipotle burrito.
- Nicolas Ramos told local news publication Wicked Local that he received a new burrito, but is concerned about long-term damage to his teeth.
- "We immediately issued a refund following the incident and have spoken with the guest to set up a claim; however, we still intend to do a full investigation," a Chipotle representative said in a statement.
A Massachusetts man claims he chipped his tooth biting into a Chipotle burrito that had a nail inside.
"Just went to chipotle and chipped my tooth with a nail when I bit into my burrito," Nicolas Ramos posted on Facebook last week.
Ramos posted photos of the nail and burrito — purchased from a Saugus, Massachusetts, Chipotle location — as well as his mouth, revealing a chipped lower tooth.
Ramos did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for further comment, but told local news publication Wicked Local that he told the location's cashier about the issue. He received a refund and a new burrito, but says he is concerned about long-term damage.
"Now there's a hairline crack up my front tooth and a chip out of my bottom tooth," Ramos told Wicked Local. "It hurts whenever I eat or try to bite something."
"Nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of our guests and we take all claims very seriously," Chipotle representative Laurie Schalow told Business Insider in a statement.
"We immediately issued a refund following the incident and have spoken with the guest to set up a claim; however, we still intend to do a full investigation," Schalow continued.
- Chipotle is trying to win over paleo, Whole30, and keto dieters with new menu items
- 13 ways to save even more money shopping at Kohl's
- Wendy's fans have until the end of 2018 to buy a year's worth of Frosty frozen desserts for just $2