These were the top-selling items from Amazon Prime Day around the world (AMZN)
- Amazon just wrapped up its annual Prime Day, and according to the company, it was the biggest shopping event in its history.
- More than 100 million products were purchased around the globe. The top two best-selling products around the world were the Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote and the Echo Dot.
- Other best-selling products ranged from laundry detergent to video games. See which products were the best-selling around the world.
Amazon held its annual Prime Day earlier this week, and the company said the 36-hour event was the biggest shopping event in its history.
According to an Amazon press release, the top two best-selling products around the world were the Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote and the Echo Dot. More than 100 million products were purchased around the globe.
Other best-sellers ranged from tech products like phone chargers, SD cards, and Phillips Hue light bulbs, to home products like vacuum cleaners and laundry detergent, to video games and PlayStation memberships.
In the United States, Amazon sold over 300,000 six-quart Instant Pots and 150,000 LifeStraw personal water filters, making them two of the top-selling items in the country.
Last year's Prime Day lasted 30 hours, with deals starting at 9 p.m. ET on July 10 and running through July 11. This year, the 36-hour event began at 3 p.m. on Monday and continued through Tuesday.
See what other products were best-sellers around the world, broken down by country:
More from Business Insider:
- Amazon and CEO Jeff Bezos have beat out Walmart to become a symbol for everything wrong with American big business
- Amazon's Prime Day website glitches didn't stop it from setting record sales — but it was still a danger to the most important part of its business
- Angry consumers are protesting against Amazon for selling products with white-supremacist and anti-Semitic messages