People are furious that Walmart's website is selling anti-Trump clothing that says 'Impeach 45'
- Supporters of President Donald Trump are threatening to boycott Walmart for selling clothing with the phrase "Impeach 45" in its online store.
- The "Impeach 45" apparel is made by a third-party seller, Old Glory, and is sold through Walmart Marketplace.
- This isn't the first time that Walmart has come come under fire from both sides of the political aisle for selling charged clothing made by a third party on its website.
Walmart is under fire for offering clothing with the inscription "Impeach 45," a call to have President Donald Trump impeached.
The t-shirts and baby onesie are made by a third-party seller, Old Glory, and are being sold through Walmart Marketplace, the retailer's website that features millions of items made by other companies.
Ryan Fournier, the chairman of Students for Trump, tweeted about the clothing on Monday. Fournier tweeted: ".@walmart why are you selling Impeach 45 baby clothes on your website????? What kind of message are you trying to send?"
Fournier's tweet helped spark a wave of backlash against Walmart. Walmart's social media accounts have been bombarded with threats of boycott from Trump supporters.
"There are more Trump supporters than not. ... That shirt outfit is offensive," one person wrote on the retailer's Facebook page. "If the left can be offended so can we. That is very offensive."
"Such disrespect for a president who won the election by voters that shop in your stores!" wrote another. "Shame on you walmart!! I hope that tee is worth the loss of customer base you will lose."
Walmart did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment.
This isn't the first time that Walmart has come come under fire for politically charged clothing made by a third party and sold on the retailer's website.
In 2016, Walmart pulled a Black Lives Matter shirt and hoodie made by Old Glory from its online store after police accused the retailer of helping the clothing maker profit "from racial division." And, in 2017, the company removed a shirt that read "Rope. Tree. Journalist. SOME ASSEMBLY REQUIRED." made by the third-party seller Teespring from its website.
Old Glory is an apparel retailer based in Centerbrook, Connecticut. The company sells the "Impeach 45" clothing on other websites in addition to Walmart Marketplace, including Amazon.
NOW WATCH: Why Rolex watches are so expensive
- Walmart reveals the most popular two-day shipping item in every state
- Amazon Prime has invaded Whole Foods stores, but an important word is notably absent
- Amazon beat out Walmart in a deal for a small pharmacy startup — and it shows just how intense the rivalry’s gotten
SEE ALSO: A Dunkin' Donuts worker was reportedly fired after giving a homeless woman a cup with a message to 'stop hangin' around' the store, and it reveals a growing problem in the fast-food industry