Bed Bath & Beyond is buying Toys R Us gift cards after the toy company suddenly shut down its websites (BBBY)
- Bed Bath & Beyond is accepting Toys R Us gift cards as the toy company goes out of business.
- The offer, accessible on Bed Bath & Beyond's website, expires Thursday at midnight.
- Bed Bath & Beyond will reimburse shoppers in the form of a gift card.
- Shoppers won't get the full value of the Toys R Us cards, however.
The home goods company is offering to purchase the cards at a discount as Toys R Us winds down its US business by closing all its stores and shutting down its websites. In return, the company will pay shoppers in the form of a Bed Bath & Beyond gift card.
The offer, which is accessible on Bed Bath & Beyond's website, expires on Thursday at midnight.
RELATED: Retailers that filed for bankruptcy in 2017
Shoppers who take advantage of the offer won't receive the full value of their Toys R Us gift cards, since Bed Bath & Beyond is buying them at a discount.
The company will reimburse shoppers for about 65% of the value of the cards. Bed Bath & Beyond will pay out $64.20 for a $100 Toys R Us gift card, for example.
But it's still a good deal for shoppers who are running out of ways to spend their Toys R Us gift cards, after Toys R Us abruptly shut down its websites last week.
The value of the gift cards at Toys R Us will expire within two weeks.
More from Business Insider:
- We visited Victoria's Secret and saw why analysts say its most popular brand could be on 'the precipice of collapse'
- Stores 'bludgeon' their customers 'to death' with emails — and it's a horrible mistake
- Toys R Us shuts down its websites in final farewell to shoppers