The best supermarkets in America
- Publix and Wegmans are tied for first place as the best supermarkets in the US.
- Publix ranked highest for fast checkouts, item availability, and store cleanliness.
- Trader Joe's scored the highest in cashier courtesy and Aldi got the best score on value.
Publix and Wegmans are the best supermarket in the US, followed by Trader Joe's and H-E-B, according to a survey.
More than 12,700 consumers were asked to rate their favorite grocery chains on attributes like best value, fastest service, and cleanliness for the survey by Market Force Information, a retail consulting firm.
Publix ranked highest for fast checkouts, item availability, and store cleanliness.
Trader Joe's scored the highest in cashier courtesy, while Wegmans won on its specialty department service. Aldi got the best score on value.
The scoring system is based on customers' satisfaction and likelihood to recommend the store to others.
Here are the rankings:
- Walmart touts $1,000 cash bonus for employees — but there's a catch
- Here's everything on McDonald's new Dollar Menu, ranked from worst to best
- Walmart is closing 63 Sam's Club stores — here's the complete list