9 best 'Black Friday in July' sales
"More deals than Black Friday."
That's what Amazon promised in a press release in July 2015, when the company launched its first ever Amazon Prime Day.
By hosting a "Black Friday in July" event, the e-commerce giant inspired other major businesses to follow with sales of their own. Determined to keep up with Amazon, retailers such as Macy's, Kohl's and Dell slashed prices on electronics, apparel and more.
Today, the Black Friday in July tradition lives on. Every July, Amazon and other top stores unveil humongous sales with savings that rival Black Friday's deals. This year, Black Friday in July sales are set to be bigger than ever, with retailers vying to outdo Amazon deals.
Without further ado, here are the nine best Black Friday in July sales for 2017.
July 11 to July 17
Macy's held its first Black Friday in July sale in 2016, taking 25 percent off sitewide and launching special offers on apparel, accessories and more. Macy's is going big again this year, offering the following deals:
- An extra 25 percent off most orders, plus free shipping with promo code JULY.
- An extra 15 percent off select departments, including jewelry and shoes.
- 50 percent off select dresses.
- 50 percent off select designer brands.
- 40 to 50 percent off select handbags and accessories.
- 60 to 80 percent off select fine and fashion jewelry.
- 50 percent off select women's swimwear.
- 70 percent off select bras.
- 60 percent off select kids and baby clothing.
- 50 percent off select women's sandals and shoes.
- 40 percent off select men's shoes.
July 9 to July 16
Taking a slightly different approach, JCPenney is hosting a "Cyber in July" sale with deals available exclusively on JCPenney.com. The online-only sale will include the following offers:
- An extra 30 percent off most orders with promo code 24FORYOU.
- An extra 15 percent off select watches, salon products, furniture, mattresses, custom blinds and shades with promo code 24FORYOU.
- Free shipping on orders of more than $49.
RELATED: Always follow these rules when shopping online:
July 10 to July 15
Like JCPenney, Belk is offering savings exclusively online. The Belk Black Friday in July sale features these deals:
- An extra 20 percent off most regular and sale purchases.
- An extra 15 percent off home and shoes.
- An extra 25 percent off fine jewelry.
- Up to 75 percent off more than 200 "Bonus Buys," including select apparel, accessories, home goods and more.
- Up to 75 percent off summer clearance items.
- Up to 70 percent off fashion jewelry.
- Up to 60 percent off fine jewelry.
- $40 off $150 worth of select designer handbags.
- $60 off $200 worth of select designer handbags.
- $100 off $300 worth of select designer handbags.
4. Forever 21
July 11 to July 12
This year, Forever 21 is rolling out online-only savings on select sale items and beauty gear. The Forever 21 Black Friday in July sale includes these deals:
- Up to 70 percent off select sale items.
- "Beauty Blowout" deals on select items.
- Free shipping on all orders.
July 11 to Sept. 26
Just like Amazon, Kohl's ran a 30-hour sale that ended on July 11. However, the retailer will continue to offer select deals all summer long, including:
- 15 percent off orders of more than $100, plus free shipping with promo code OFFERS15.
- 10 percent off orders of more than $75, plus free shipping with promo code SAVES4.
- Up to 60 percent off select women's swimwear.
Target revealed to reporters on CNBC that it will feature back-to-school deals both in store and online during the week of July 9. The sale will include "season-low prices" on school gear and clothing.
July 21 to Aug. 6
While not technically a Black Friday in July sale, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale will feature some of the biggest savings of the year. Nordstrom cardholders can access the sale early starting July 13. The event will feature "super-sale prices" on new arrivals from top designers.
[See: 10 Signs You Shop Too Much.]
July 6 to TBA
In honor of Black Friday in July, Dell is rolling out "the best prices of the season. " In addition to offering savings of up to 50 percent, Dell will release daily doorbuster deals over the course of the next few days. These offers will be available for a limited time while supplies last. Top doorbusters include:
- $749.99 for an Inspiron 13 5000 2-in-1 laptop (regular $929.99). Starts July 12 at 11 a.m. EST.
- $629.99 for a New Inspiron 15 3000 laptop (regular $729.99). Starts July 13 at 11 a.m. EST.
- $529.99 for a New Inspiron 15 5000 (regular $749.99). Starts July 14 at 11 a.m. EST.
- $179.99 for a Inspiron 11 3000 (regular $249.99). Starts July 14 at 1 p.m. EST.
- $299 for an Inspiron Desktop (regular $479.99). Starts July 14 at 3 p.m. EST.
July 11 to TBA
In response to Amazon Prime Day, eBay is throwing a summer sale, emphasizing that there is no membership needed to access deals. Highlights from the sale include:
- Up to 79 percent off featured items.
- 39 percent off a Google Home and Chromecast Video bundle.
- 31 percent off the Apple Macbook Air Core i5 8 gigabyte 13.3-inch.
- 44 percent of an iRobot Roomba 650 Robotic Vacuum.
- 54 percent off Ray-Ban Wayfarer Classic Sunglasses.