6 reasons to break up with your tax store
March and early April mark the busiest time of the year for filing taxes. With millions of people rushing to get their taxes done before April 18th, scheduling an appointment with a tax expert can be a nightmare. If you're on the fence about taking the DIY approach, below are a few reasons you may want to consider breaking up with your tax store.
1. It's cost efficient. Hiring someone else to prepare your tax return can get expensive. If you have a simple tax return (1040 EZ or 1040A) and your income qualifies, you can file your federal taxes for absolutely free with TurboTax.
2. Filing yourself is easy. Using TurboTax online is easy, and can help you save money. Knowledge of tax laws and tax forms is not necessary. Once you have gathered your tax forms, you just go online and answer simple, personalized questions to get your maximum tax refund. TurboTax searches through over 350 tax deductions and credits to make sure you get every penny you deserve based on your answers.
Get started today with a guide to common tax forms:
3. Get tax savvy. Another perk about using tax software to file your taxes is that you might learn a thing or two. What tax software can do is show how the current tax credits and deductions affect you. For example, if you bought a house in 2016, you will see how that may increase your tax refund -- and you might learn about itemizing your deductions versus taking the standard deduction. Becoming more knowledgeable about your own taxes can be empowering and easy with TurboTax -- not to mention you'll impress your friends!
4. DIY doesn't mean you're alone with TurboTax. When you file your taxes with TurboTax you have the convenience of filing your taxes when and where you want, and help is available 24/7 through a variety of support channels. With TurboTax SmartLook™, included with most TurboTax online products, you can connect live, via one-way video, to a credentialed CPA or enrolled agent to get personalized, real-time answers to your toughest tax questions if you need it.
5. File online with direct deposit. Last tax season about three out of four tax filers received a tax refund, and, according to the IRS, the average refund was close to $2,800! The IRS states that it plans to issue nine out of 10 tax refunds within 21 days or less after acceptance with e-file and direct deposit. You can go online and e-file with direct deposit and have access to your refund soon allowing you to get a jump-start on paying down credit card debt, student loans or save it for a rainy day.
6. Skip the line! With people rushing to get their taxes done from now until April 18th, there's no reason to wait in line at a tax store or fight to find an appointment that fits your schedule when you can do your taxes from the comfort of your own home. You can even do so on the go! TurboTax allows you to seamlessly switch between tablet, phone, and computer so that you can do your taxes where you want, when you want.
Whether you have just one W-2 or multiple, own property, or are self-employed, you can do your taxes yourself with TurboTax. TurboTax can help save you valuable time and money.