Tax deductions 2017: 50 tax write-offs you don't know about

As April 17 approaches, you might be wondering, "What can I claim on my taxes when it comes to tax breaks or deductions?" Because every tax return is different, there's no easy answer to this complicated question. However, there's a long list of tax deductions that can reduce your taxable income, and you should take every one to which you're entitled, because overlooked tax deductions are wasted opportunities.

From child care costs to mortgage interest to charitable donations to moving expenses, the IRS offers a lengthy list of tax write-offs that can reduce your taxable income, so read carefully and decide which ones you can take. To help get you started, here's a list of the 50 best tax deductions for 2017.