Man sues Popeyes after choking because he wasn't given a knife

Before you go, we thought you'd like these...
Before you go close icon

By: Keleigh Nealon/Buzz60

A Mississippi man is suing a fast-food restaurant after he choked on fried chicken. He says the incident occurred because he wasn't given a knife with his order.

According to the Sun Herald, Paul Newton Jr., who is an attorney in Gulfport, ordered food at a Popeyes drive-thru in November.

SEE ALSO: Woman finds fried rat head in Popeyes chicken order

Along with his order of two chicken breasts, red beans, rice, a biscuit and a soda, he claims he was given only one utensil... the infamous spork!

For anyone who wasn't able to enjoy using a spork during school lunches, the utensil is a combination of a spoon and a fork.

Newton says his only option without a knife was to eat the chicken breast using his hands and teeth, according to CBS DFW.

The station says the attorney took a bite out of the chicken breast, causing him to choke which led to an emergency surgery.

Newton is looking to be compensated for medical expenses, pain and suffering, and additional damages, according to The Sun Herald.

Hopefully, this incident doesn't hinder his bird eating abilities enough to ruin Thanksgiving.

Related: See cage-free chickens:

1 PHOTOS
NTP: Cage-free chickens
See Gallery
NTP: Cage-free chickens
HIDE CAPTION
SHOW CAPTION
of
SEE ALL
BACK TO SLIDE

Read Full Story

Want more news like this?

Sign up for Finance Report by AOL and get everything from business news to personal finance tips delivered directly to your inbox daily!

Subscribe to our other newsletters

Emails may offer personalized content or ads. Learn more. You may unsubscribe any time.

From Our Partners