ATK, Booz Allen, General Dynamics and Leidos to Split $300 Million Defense Contract
The Department of Defense awarded 11 defense contracts in its Wednesday evening announcement of contract awards. The total value of contracts awarded was $447.2 million.
The day's biggest award, accounting for two-thirds of the funds on offer, was split among several recipients. The $300 million contract to supply materials and services to meet the Armament, Research, Development, and Engineering Center's mission requirements through July 9, 2019, was awarded to:
- Alliant Techsystems
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- General Dynamics
- Privately held Concurrent Technologies
- The Battelle Memorial Institute
Separately, the Pentagon awarded contracts to:
- BAE Systems : a $15.9 million contract modification to perform maintenance work and upgrades on the guided-missile destroyer USS Decatur (DDG 73) while it's in dry dock in San Diego through February 2015.
- Boeing : a $10.1 million contract modification extending through July 9, 2016, the period during which the U.S. Air Force may order repairs on 23 B-1B Aircraft Secondary Structural Components.
- Kaman : an $8.5 million contract modification to supply 3,069 state-of-the-art fuze systems to the U.S. Air Force, and also to the governments of Morocco and Singapore by September 2016.
- Lockheed Martin : an $8.1 million contract modification funding repair work under the C-5 Reliability Enhancement and Re-Engining Program, to be completed by Sept. 15, 2015.
Trend Tracker: Warren Buffett: This new technology is a "real threat"
At the recent Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting, Warren Buffett admitted that an emerging technology is threatening the Oracle of Omaha's bread and butter. And it's no longer a question of if, but when, according to the industry's foremost research firm. Find out how you can cash in on this technology before the crowd catches on, by jumping on to one company that could get you the biggest piece of the action. All the details are laid out in a new free investor alert from The Motley Fool. Click here now to learn more!
The article ATK, Booz Allen, General Dynamics and Leidos to Split $300 Million Defense Contract originally appeared on Fool.com.Rich Smith has no position in any stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool recommends Berkshire Hathaway. The Motley Fool owns shares of Berkshire Hathaway, General Dynamics, and Lockheed Martin. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2014 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.