Tax Help: Where You Can Get It

Time's running out to get your taxes prepared and filed. But many taxpayers still need help to get their taxes done. How can you get the help you need?

In the following video, Dan Caplinger, The Motley Fool's director of investment planning, talks about resources available to provide tax help for taxpayers. Dan notes that the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program generally helps low- and middle-income taxpayers with incomes below $52,000, providing locally based volunteers who are IRS-certified to prepare and file your taxes electronically. In addition, the Tax Counseling for the Elderly program focuses on seniors and the specific tax challenges that older taxpayers face. Finally, the IRS website has a surprising amount of information available, including an interactive tax assistant to help direct you to the most relevant tax help you need.

Take advantage of this little-known tax "loophole"
Recent tax increases have affected nearly every American taxpayer. But with the right planning, you can take steps to take control of your taxes and potentially even lower your tax bill. In our brand-new special report "The IRS Is Daring You to Make This Investment Now!," you'll learn about the simple strategy to take advantage of a little-known IRS rule. Don't miss out on advice that could help you cut taxes for decades to come. Click here to learn more.

The article Tax Help: Where You Can Get It originally appeared on

Dan Caplinger and the Motley Fool have no position in any stocks mentioned. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools don't all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.

Copyright © 1995 - 2014 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.

Read Full Story