TASER International, Inc. Reports New Stun-Gun Sales
In its latest update on stun-gun sales, TASER Internationalreported Wednesday that it has booked several new orders for its eponymous stun guns. These orders should ship in the current first fiscal quarter of 2014 and will show up in this quarter's revenues when earnings are next released. Specifically, TASER has sold:
- 800 TASER X26P "Smart Weapons" to an unidentified "international" customer.
- 90 X26Ps, plus TASER Cam HD recorders, to the Fayetteville Police Department in North Carolina.
- 85 X26Ps to the El Paso Police Department in Texas.
- 500 TASER X26 Smart Weapons to the U.S. Department of Defense.
- 300 X26s to the New York Police Department.
- 170 TASER X2 model Smart Weapons to the Chesterfield County Police Department in Virginia.
- 72 more X2s to the Georgia Department of Corrections.
Additional sales of various TASER weapon models -- and based on the company's past reporting practices, presumably orders of fewer than 20 units each -- and/or sales of TASER CAM HD recorders and/or subscriptions to the company's TASER Assurance warranty and upgrades plan were booked to law-enforcement customers in Arizona, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin -- half the states in the Union.
TASER did not disclose financial details on any of these sales, but at advertised list prices (for the products for which prices are listed), their value would appear to add at least $1.7 million to TASER's revenue stream.
The article TASER International, Inc. Reports New Stun-Gun Sales originally appeared on Fool.com.Rich Smith and The Motley Fool have no position in any of the stocks mentioned. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools don't all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2014 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.