Specifically, you can get great deals on hotels. Unlike airlines, hotels are at most only 65 percent full around this time of year. That means you can get lower last-minute rates if you intentionally wait until closer to the holidays to book.
To help you get that deal, download apps like Hotel Tonight which assists with same-day bookings up to 75 percent off regular rates. Of course, you can always call the hotel directly to ask about latest bargains.
So, if you're traveling for Christmas, wait as long as you can to book a hotel room. Last-minute reservations may just save you enough to make room for some last-minute shopping.
The Latest from our Partners
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- Ready to Withdraw from Your Retirement Accounts? Do it in This Order
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Refinance rates at 2.23% APR (15yr). Calculate your rate now
- Little-Known VA Option Could Save Veterans Thousands
- Simple Mortgage Math May Save You Thousands
- I got a $1 million life insurance policy before having a family. He…
- My work provides life insurance. I bought a private policy anyway.
- How Policygenius helps you get the cheapest life insurance online
- 4 cards to help you get out of debt in 2021
- $200 Sign Up Bonus to Start the New Year
- Your best credit card offers for January 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program