What Might Be on Tap at Tomorrow's Apple Event?
Less than 24 hours before Apple's much-anticipated media event, here's a look at a few rumors.
- New iPads. Apple is likely to unveil a thinner and lighter 9.7-inch iPad and an iPad Mini with a retina display, asserts The Wall Street Journal this morning. The Associated Press reports that iPads will be the stars of tomorrow's event.
- New Macbook Pros. The company's Retina MacBook Pros may get a refresh, potentially boasting a faster processor, improved battery life, and an improved FaceTime camera, says 9 to 5 Mac.
- Redesigned Mac Pro. The previously announced Mac Pro will likely receive a launch date.
- OS X Mavericks. Apple will likely unveil a launch date for Mavericks. The latest rumors suggest it will hit the App Store as early as this week.
- Apple TV? The Apple TV set top box is long overdue for an update. But the rumor mill has very little to say about whether we might see an update.
- An enhanced Smart Cover? Though no related leaks have surfaced, a last-minute chatter (via Gizmodo) indicates Apple has, indeed, been working on an enhanced cover akin to Microsoft's Touch Cover. Could Apple's tag line "We still have a lot to cover," in its press invitations for the event be a clue?
Sending out press invitations last week, the event (to be held at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco) will begin at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time. Last year, Apple provided a live stream of the iPad event to Mac and iOS users, available on the company's website. It was also streamed live to Apple TV. Notably, however, Apple did not provide this viewing option in its latest iPhone event and it has so far not announced an intent to do so for this year's iPad event. If Apple doesn't provide a live stream, interested individuals could tune into Gizmodo's live blog tomorrow, which will provide commentary on the event.
What's next for Apple?
Apple has a history of cranking out revolutionary products... and then creatively destroying them with something better. Read about the future of Apple in the free report, "Apple Will Destroy Its Greatest Product." Can Apple really disrupt its own iPhones and iPads? Find out by clicking here.
The article What Might Be on Tap at Tomorrow's Apple Event? originally appeared on Fool.com.Fool contributor Daniel Sparks owns shares of Apple. The Motley Fool recommends Apple. The Motley Fool owns shares of Apple and Microsoft. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.