PTC Introduces PTC Mathcad® Prime™ 3.0; Supports the Most Advanced Engineering Design Calculations
PTC Introduces PTC Mathcad®Prime™3.0; Supports the Most Advanced Engineering Design Calculations
New release offers significantly improved calculation capabilities
NEEDHAM, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- PTC (NAS: PMTC) today announced the availability of PTC Mathcad Prime 3.0, the latest version of its engineering calculation software designed for solving, analyzing and sharing engineering design knowledge. PTC Mathcad Prime 3.0 has significantly improved its calculation capabilities to allow more complex equations to be solved, faster. PTC Mathcad offers hundreds of mathematical functions, the unlimited ability for users to define their own, the capability to solve equations both numerically and symbolically, and the power to solve the most complex systems of equations.
Specifically, with the new release, PTC Mathcad Prime 3.0 offers overall benefits to users in the areas of:
- Documentation Enhancements - Introducing math in text, the ability to format math regions and ability to create new worksheets based on existing personal or company standardized templates which help support adherence to standards for calculations and documentation
- Custom Functions - Capability to reuse existing algorithms already coded in C++, C, Fortran etc., to extend PTC Mathcad capabilities beyond what is provided out-of-the-box
- Global Definition Operator - Ability to define constants and parameters that can be used anywhere in the worksheet, and to define parameters close to the end result
- Numeric Enhancements -New faster matrix decomposition functions with support for pivoting and complex numbers
- Surface interpolation in contour plots - Users can now create a contour plot of a set of unordered 3D points leveraging a PTC Creo® surface interpolation algorithm
- Usability Improvements - Offers a number of improvements to frequently used functionality (such as pasting images to headers/footers and overtyping equations) that can translate into increased efficiency
"We are pleased at how intuitively ideas are captured in PTC Mathcad Prime 3.0. Math is now represented in a way that is easy for the author to write - and easy for a reviewer to understand," said Scot Shields, design engineer, Hagler Systems. "PTC Mathcad Prime 3.0 provides us with an environment where quick notes can be made, models can be built to test hypotheses and results can be verified."
"As a result of a common tool that produces worksheets that can be easily used and understood by all levels in our organization - and for everything from documentation to sophisticated design studies - our engineers can now actually spend time engineering," continued Shields.
Integration with PTC Creo®and PTC Windchill®
By linking design inputs and calculation results to PTC Creo, engineers are easily able to perform test analyses, optimize geometry parameters and perform verification and validation steps on final designs to confirm original customer requirements are met.
Similarly, allowing Mathcad Prime 3.0 worksheets to be managed directly by PTC Windchill, users benefit from global collaboration, version control, and traceability for their critical design and engineering knowledge.
"Using engineering calculations to drive CAD models managed by a PLM backbone is the engineers' way of crossing their "t's" and dotting their "i's," said Brent Edmonds, senior director, Mathcad, PTC. "The level of integration in PTC Mathcad Prime 3.0 between PTC Creo and PTC Windchill essentially closes all the loops and ensures the accuracy of our customers' final products."
PTC Mathcad Prime 3.0 is currently available. Please refer to ptc.com for additional information.
PTC (NAS: PMTC) enables manufacturers to achieve sustained product and service advantage. The company's technology solutions transform the way products are created and serviced across the entire product lifecycle - from conception and design to sourcing and service. Founded in 1985, PTC employs over 6,000 professionals serving more than 27,000 businesses in rapidly-evolving, globally distributed manufacturing industries worldwide. Get more information at www.ptc.com.
PTC, the PTC logo, Product & Service Advantage, Creo, Windchill, Mathcad and Prime are trademarks or registered trademarks of PTC Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.
KEYWORDS: United States North America Massachusetts
The article PTC Introduces PTC Mathcad® Prime™ 3.0; Supports the Most Advanced Engineering Design Calculations originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.