Novatel Wireless Launches MiFi Home
Novatel Wireless Launches MiFi Home
New 4G LTE Converged Voice and Data MiFi Powered™ Device Drives New Era of Home Voice and Data Access
SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Novatel Wireless, Inc. (NAS: NVTL) , a leading provider of intelligent wireless solutions, today introduces MiFi Home™, a powerful all-in-one solution that replaces wired voice and Internet options for fast, easy phone and 4G LTE Internet connectivity in the home, small office, and remote work station.
One simple, fast, effective solution for all telephony and Internet needs.
MiFi Home™ delivers both digital telephone service and Internet connectivity in one combined portable device and provides wireless carriers an alternative to bundle voice and data rate plans and services for the home and small office customers.
- Keep your phone and disconnect your landline. By simply plugging an existing landline cordless or corded telephone into MiFi Home™, users can have the convenience of a reliable telephone connection without their landline. MiFi Home™ users can keep their current phone number or get a new one. And wireless carriers now can offer an alternative to legacy fixed line services. MiFi Home™ will even maintain the ability to make calls during power outages with a battery powered backup providing both talk and standby time.
- Expand in-home data access. MiFi Home™ not only converges fixed line and wireless voice, it also features expanded capability for all in-home data services. It can connect up to 10 Wi-Fi enabled devices such as laptops, computers, tablets, eReaders, gaming consoles, music players, printers and more and also has three Ethernet ports for connecting printers and network storage devices.
- Versatile solution for small businesses. MiFi Home™ is also a powerful solution for small businesses. Whether you need a home office, a mobile office or you're setting up a temporary remote work site, MiFi Home™ can help businesses to stay connected with fast and simple setup. By simply plugging in a phone or other office devices into the Ethernet ports, the user has immediate access to both data and voice services including caller ID, call forwarding, call waiting, call holding and three-way calling.
Upgradeable to Voice over LTE (VoLTE) - Gives mobile broadband operators time-to-market advantage for cost savings and advance service offerings.
MiFi Home™ is VoLTE-capable and is easily upgraded over-the-air with VoLTE services upon carrier availability. By using an all-IP packet-based service for voice and data, VoLTE not only provides significant cost savings, it will allow operators to recover less efficient circuit switch 2G channels for additional data capacity. Enabling simultaneous voice and data traffic on LTE in a unified format, VoLTE provides operators with an end-to-end IP connection between their mobile equipment and their core network. VoLTE also enables new services such as video calling, multi-device, single number and multimedia sharing services across mobile broadband devices.
Built on the MiFi technology platform, MiFi Home™ incorporates Novatel Wireless' expertise in human interface engineering for optimal ease-of-use and reliability. MiFi Home™ introduces a user-friendly touch-key navigation display, so users can see data usage, connected devices, voice and data signal strength, backup battery life and passwords at glance. Additional security features are supported through software improving the security of password and encrypted data.
"We are very excited to be introducing MiFi Home, our first 4G LTE converged voice and data solution for in-home and small office connectivity. MiFi Home has something for everyone. MiFi Home will let users replace their landline connections for voice and data and consolidate them into a single wireless service. We believe MiFi Home will help open a new category of subscribers, contribute to the continued growth of the addressable broadband market and create a unique opportunity for carriers. We are very proud to be launching this product category first with Verizon with their 4G LTE Broadband Router with Voice which was made commercially available earlier today," said Peter Leparulo, CEO of Novatel Wireless.
MiFi Home™ is the easiest way to connect with secure, reliable MiFi Powered™ 4G LTE voice and data services. Even ahead of its introduction, Novatel Wireless has received significant sales orders for MiFi Home™ from several channels.
Key features include:
- 4G LTE Data and simultaneous 2G Voice
- A-GPS for E911
- 802.11 a/b/g/n 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz
- Support for up to 10 Wi-Fi clients, 3 Ethernet Ports and 2 RJ-11 Ports
- A unique user-friendly touch-key navigation 1.54" OLED display—see data usage, connected devices, voice/data signal strength, backup battery life and passwords at glance
- Simple setup: Plug in your cordless or corded phone. Keep your current phone number or create a new one. No professional installation required.
- Caller ID, Call forwarding, Call waiting, Call holding, Three-way calling, TTY-TTD, Voicemail and E911.
- Integrated primary and diversity antenna for voice and data
- Integrated Wi-Fi and GPS antenna
- External antenna ports for voice and data
- Wi-Fi security (WEP/WPA/WPA2), Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), Wi-Fi privacy separation
- NAT firewall, VPN pass-through, MAC address filtering and Port filtering
ABOUT NOVATEL WIRELESS
Novatel Wireless, Inc. is a leader in the design and development of intelligent wireless solutions based on 2G, 3G and 4G technologies. The company delivers specialized wireless solutions to carriers, distributors, retailers, OEMs and vertical markets worldwide. Product lines include MiFi® Intelligent Mobile Hotspots, USB modems, embedded modules, mobile tracking solutions and asset tracking solutions. These innovative products provide anywhere, anytime communications solutions for consumers and enterprises. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Novatel Wireless is listed on NASDAQ: NVTL. For more information please visit www.nvtl.com. (NVTLG)
This release may contain forward-looking statements, which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended to date. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties. A number of important factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements contained herein. These factors include risks relating to technological changes, new product introductions, continued acceptance of Novatel Wireless' products and dependence on intellectual property rights. These factors, as well as other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, are discussed in more detail in Novatel Wireless' filings with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (available at www.sec.gov) and other regulatory agencies.
(C) 2013 Novatel Wireless. All rights reserved. The Novatel Wireless name and logo and MiFi are trademarks of Novatel Wireless, Inc. Other product or service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Charlotte Rubin, 858-812-3431
KEYWORDS: United States North America California
The article Novatel Wireless Launches MiFi Home originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.