Multimedia Games to Turn up the Volume and Show Customers How to PLAY LOUDER™ at the 2013 Global Gam
Multimedia Games to Turn up the Volume and Show Customers How to PLAY LOUDER™ at the 2013 Global Gaming Expo
- New Maximum Player Experience™ Gaming Cabinet, With Custom Sound Chair and Large Single 40" HD Video Screen Offers Next Big Thrill -
- 2013 Nationwide TournEvent of Champions®Concludes With Battle to Crown Nation's Top Tournament Player -
AUSTIN, Texas & LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Multimedia Games Holding Company, Inc. (NAS: MGAM) ("Multimedia Games" or the "Company") will introduce new slot gaming entertainment experiences that show casino operators This is How You PLAY LOUDER™ at the thirteenth annual Global Gaming Expo (G2E®) from September 24-26, 2013. At the Sands Expo & Convention Center (Booth #1165) in Las Vegas, Nevada, Multimedia Games will showcase its largest ever selection of new products designed to deliver an unmatched gaming experience, including the exciting new Maximum Player Experience™ cabinet with the Company's first-ever fully integrated interactive sound chair, new premium participation games, distinctive new video and mechanical reel games, and enhanced functionality for the Company's award-winning TournEvent® slot tournament system. Multimedia Games will also host the Championship Tournament of the 2013 National TournEvent of Champions® and officially kick-off next year's event which will be Bigger, Bolder and Louder.
"We are committed to delivering a unique, player-popular gaming experience and believe our largest ever portfolio of new game play features, game themes and products at G2E 2013 will highlight our success in developing gaming equipment solutions that engage players and provide solid returns for our customers across our growing addressable market," said Patrick Ramsey, President and Chief Executive Officer of Multimedia Games. "The debut of our newest cabinet, the Maximum Player Experience™ ("MPX™"), and its two unique game titles elevates our product portfolio to the next level as it delivers greater interaction between the player and the game through a new custom sound chair and a large single 40" HD video screen. We will showcase 50 new game titles on over 120 units at G2E 2013, including new games for our high performing line of premium participation High Rise Games® cabinets. The passion and energy of our creative teams and our ability to deliver ground-breaking innovations will be on display at G2E 2013 with new products that turn up the volume and enable players to PLAY LOUDER."
MPX Cabinet Delivers the Ultimate in High Definition Gaming Entertainment
Multimedia Games will introduce a new premium participation cabinet and game series at G2E 2013 with the debut of MPX, the Company's newest addition to its Player Series® line of cabinets, as well as two new game titles. Offering the Maximum Player Experience and building on the success of the player-popular High Rise Games cabinet which debuted at G2E just two years ago, the new MPX cabinet ups the ante and takes slot cabinets to a new level with a larger-than-life 40" monitor featuring full 1080p HD graphics capabilities, a touchscreen fully-customizable button panel, game-controlled runway lighting that enhances the visual experience and six custom speakers - including two speakers in the fully integrated interactive sound chair with Earthquake Shakers™ technology to elevate the MPX entertainment value.
The new MPX cabinet will debut with two unique games designed specifically to take full advantage of Multimedia Games' largest single video screen offered to date. Games fill the screen and offer vivid graphic elements and life-like sound to provide players with a movie theatre-equivalent immersive gaming experience. Games being showcased on the MPX cabinet at G2E 2013 include:
- Thundering Herd™ - With reels that expand up the screen as the buffalo herd thunders across the prairie, Thundering Herd leverages the Earthquake Shakers-equipped sound chair to offer players up to 200 paylines, a supercharged free spin bonus and 2-tier Must-Hit Jackpots™ progressive awards.
- Invasion 2: The Return™ - Multimedia Games' popular Invasion from OuterSpace™ game, first introduced in 2009, is taken to all-new out-of-this-world heights with Invasion 2: The Return. The 40" monitor with 1080p HD display, seat-shaking audio, 2-tier Must-Hit Jackpots™, and an out-of-this-world free spin bonus with up to 175 free spins take this extraterrestrial thriller to the next level!
Ramsey added, "Slot gaming has never looked this good as the MPX cabinet and its specially-designed games for the premium participation segment of slot floors addresses the desire of players for a fully interactive and engaging slot gaming experience. The MPX features best-in-class audio and visual elements, with a 40" high definition display that pushes the competitive envelope and our first-ever sound chair for additional player excitement. With plans for new MPX games to debut on a regular basis going forward, we are excited to introduce a product for players looking for the next big thrill that is sure to enhance our customers' slot floor performance."
New Titles for High Rise GamesPremium Participation Portfolio
Multimedia Games continues to expand its successful High Rise Games premium series with four new titles premiering at G2E 2013. With over 660 units installed as of June 30, 2013 (after just six quarters of availability), the High Rise Games series continues to attract players with its towering cabinet, visually stunning graphics and entertaining games. New titles for the High Rise Games series premiering at G2E 2013 include:
- Moby Dick™ - Bringing the classic tale of Ahab and Ishmael's search for the legendary white whale to life, this latest edition in Multimedia Games' High Rise Games series features stunning vintage graphics on the vertically-oriented 37" LCD top-screen. In addition to the 5-tier progressive jackpot, Mystery Wilds® and stacked symbols, players also have the chance to enter a variety of bonus rounds, including a picking bonus for prizes of up to 160x their total bet, a Free Spin Bonus which features an alternate set of reels, and the Doubloon Jackpots bonus which triggers the progressive prizes.
- Crystal Jackpots™ - Offering two distinct game themes, Crystal Jackpots Orient Express® and Crystal Jackpots Queen of the Desert®, these new games for the High Rise Games series allow players to open up a world of progressive prizes when they play at max bet. Highlighting the bonus round excitement is the Crystal Jackpots Free Spin Bonus which features a variety of custom themes, symbols, gems and wild stacks.
New Titles Add to Growing Content Portfolio
Multimedia Games continues to add to its portfolio of video and mechanical reel titles, with exciting new content to address all markets. The expanded library of content on display at G2E 2013 will feature 50 new titles as well as new game mechanics, all designed to further elevate the player experience and deliver enhanced performance for casino operators. These include:
- New Game Features - Debuting for the first time at G2E 2013, Multimedia Games introduces Must-Hit Jackpots and a new line of 100-line video games. Must-Hit Jackpots allows players to watch their jackpot meters increase as each play brings them closer to the Must-Hit amount and their jackpot prize. With the new 100-line video games, "2 for 1" paylines make all 100 paylines available on a max 50-credit bet.
- Carnival in Rio®2 and Blazin' Streak™ - A follow-on to one of Multimedia Games' most popular and successful games, it's always a party as Carnival in Rio 2 returns hotter than ever with its crowd pleasing carnival dance party. Both Carnival in Rio 2 and Blazin' Streak offer a Free Spin Bonus and showcase the extra winnings potential of the Company's new "2 for 1" 100 paylines feature and the easy-to-follow Must-Hit Jackpots feature.
- Brilliant Jewels™ - Showcasing a new gameplay feature from Multimedia Games, All-Match Pays™ allows players to add to their winnings at up to 100x their total bet by matching all four positions on all reels by color, gems or symbol. Brilliant Jewels also features a Free Spin Bonus that can award up to 120 total free spins, and when stacked jewel symbols appear on all positions of each reel, the Brilliant Jewels symbol becomes wild.
- Zombie Outbreak™ - Players can declare war on the undead in Zombie Outbreak, a 5-Reel, 50-Line video game during which the reels randomly turn green during the Infected Spin Bonus, where all human-themed symbols become zombies and are wild for all other symbols. Other bonus rounds include the Free Spin Outbreak and Zombie Escape Bonus, where players get the opportunity to try their hand at zombie-killing.
2014 National TournEvent of Champions Kicks Off
Following its nationwide journey of over 30,000 miles, the TournEvent of Champions bus will roll into Las Vegas and onto the G2E show floor as Multimedia Games concludes its search for the nation's best tournament player with the championship event of its 2013 National TournEvent of Champions. Launched in March 2013 and encompassing 77 casinos in 17 states, as well as those participating in the TournEvent Ace™ App competition, 88 finalists - whittled down from nearly 200,000 initial entrants - will battle it out for the crown and a share of over $250,000 in prizes at Lagasse's Stadium at The Palazzo on September 25.
Multimedia Games will also kick off the even LOUDER 2014 National TournEvent of Champions at G2E 2013, ramping up the tournament experience, fun and available cash prizes to a whole new level. Beginning in May 2014 and leveraging the power of TournEvent, customers from around the country can bring The Money Man® and the excitement of the National TournEvent of Champions to their casinos and give their players a chance to compete for over $500,000 in guaranteed cash prizes and a trip to Las Vegas for the championship event on October 1, 2014. Two TournEvent of Champions busses will crisscross the nation in search of the country's top tournament player, while bringing the best of tournament entertainment to casinos nationwide and creating a buzz on the casino floors around the in-casino qualifying and finals events.
The Company will debut at G2E 2013 several enhancements for TournEvent that is expected to further its position as the industry's leading slot tournament system. These new enhancements include updates to the easy-to-use interface that makes tournament administration faster and more efficient, a new branded sign with the famous The Money Man featured prominently, holiday-themed (Valentine's Day™, Spring™, Halloween™, Thanksgiving™ and Christmas™) out-of-revenue games, wireless tablet capabilities and the ability for casinos to display results from multi-day tournaments, as well as from multi-property events.
Mr. Ramsey concluded, "Our newest products continue to gain the attention of customers and players alike as both are drawn to our creative, differentiated content and game play. We continue to bring to market games that generate solid returns on our customers' investment and deliver an unmatched entertainment experience for players. With over 50 new games, our newest gaming cabinet developed for a new premium participation series, exciting game play features and enhancements for our industry-leading TournEvent slot tournament solution on display at G2E 2013, we believe Multimedia Games will demonstrate the continued commitment we have to our customers to be their long-term partner of choice."
Product names mentioned in this release are trademarks of Multimedia Games and/or its wholly owned subsidiary, except for "G2E," which is a registered trademark of the American Gaming Association and Reed Elsevier Inc.
About Multimedia Games Holding Company, Inc.
Through its wholly owned subsidiaries, Multimedia Games Holding Company, Inc. ("Multimedia Games") develops and distributes gaming technology. The company is a creator and supplier of comprehensive systems, content and electronic gaming units for Native American and commercial casinos. Revenue is primarily derived from gaming units in operation on revenue-sharing arrangements. The company also offers and generates revenue from the sale of gaming units and systems that feature proprietary game content and game themes licensed from others. Multimedia Games also supplies the central determinant system for the video lottery terminals ("VLTs") installed at racetracks in the State of New York. The company is focused on pursuing market expansion and new product development for Class II, Class III and VLT markets. Please visit www.multimediagames.com, twitter.com/MultimediaGames or facebook.com/MultimediaGames, where Multimedia Games discloses important information about the company, its sales, and its business.
This press release contains forward-looking statements based on Multimedia Games' current expectations and projections, which are intended to qualify for the safe harbor from liability established by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. The words "believe," "expect," "continue," "intend," "plan," "seek," "estimate," "project," "may," or the negative or other variations thereof or comparable terminology as they relate to Multimedia Games and its products, plans, and markets are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and projections of future events.
These forward-looking statements reflect the current views, models, and assumptions of Multimedia Games, and are subject to various risks and uncertainties that cannot be predicted or qualified and could cause actual results in Multimedia Games' performance to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, the ability of Multimedia Games to: grow its addressable markets; successfully develop popular proprietary products; comply with regulations; have its games or systems met with approval by customers or players; or, maintain and develop strategic alliances with customers. Please refer to the Company's most recent Form 10-K and subsequent filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission for a further discussion of risks and uncertainties. All forward-looking statements made herein are qualified by these cautionary statements and there can be no assurance that the actual results, events or developments referenced herein will occur or be realized. Readers are cautioned that all forward-looking statements speak only to the facts and circumstances present as of the date of this press release. Multimedia Games expressly disclaims any obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Multimedia Games Holding Company, Inc.
Adam Chibib, 512-334-7500
Chief Financial Officer
Richard Land or James Leahy
KEYWORDS: United States North America Nevada Texas
The article Multimedia Games to Turn up the Volume and Show Customers How to PLAY LOUDER™ at the 2013 Global Gaming Expo originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.