Capstead Mortgage Corporation Declares a $0.31 Per Share Third Quarter 2013 Common Dividend and a $0
Capstead Mortgage Corporation Declares a $0.31 Per Share Third Quarter 2013 Common Dividend and a $0.46875 Per Share Third Quarter 2013 Preferred Stock Series E Dividend
DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Capstead Mortgage Corporation (NYSE: CMO) announced today that it will pay a third quarter 2013 common dividend of $0.31 per common share on October 18, 2013 to stockholders of record as of September 30, 2013.
Capstead's Board of Directors also declared a third quarter 2013 dividend of $0.46875 per share on the Company's 7.50% Series E Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Stock (NYS: CMOPRE) . This dividend is payable on October 15, 2013, to Series E preferred stockholders of record as of September 30, 2013.
Formed in 1985 and based in Dallas, Texas, Capstead is a self-managed real estate investment trust for federal income tax purposes. The Company earns income from investing in a leveraged portfolio of residential adjustable-rate mortgage pass-through securities issued and guaranteed by government-sponsored enterprises, either Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac (together, the "GSEs"), or by an agency of the federal government, Ginnie Mae.
Cautionary Statement Concerning Forward-looking Statements
This document contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements include, without limitation, any statement that may predict, forecast, indicate or imply future results, performance or achievements, and may contain the words "believe," "anticipate," "expect," "estimate," "intend," "will be," "will likely continue," "will likely result," or words or phrases of similar meaning. Forward-looking statements are based largely on the expectations of management and are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties including, but not limited to, the following:
- changes in general economic conditions;
- fluctuations in interest rates and levels of mortgage prepayments;
- the effectiveness of risk management strategies;
- the impact of differing levels of leverage employed;
- liquidity of secondary markets and credit markets;
- the availability of financing at reasonable levels and terms to support investing on a leveraged basis;
- the availability of new investment capital;
- the availability of suitable qualifying investments from both an investment return and regulatory perspective;
- changes in legislation or regulation affecting exemptions for mortgage REITs from regulation under the Investment Company Act of 1940;
- changes in legislation or regulation affecting Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Ginnie Mae and similar federal government agencies and related guarantees;
- deterioration in credit quality and ratings of existing or future issuances of agency-guaranteed mortgage securities; and
- increases in costs and other general competitive factors.
In addition to the above considerations, our actual results and liquidity are affected by other risks and uncertainties which could cause actual results to be significantly different from those expressed or implied by any forward-looking statements included herein. It is not possible to identify all of the risks, uncertainties and other factors that may affect future results. In light of these risks and uncertainties, the forward-looking events and circumstances discussed herein may not occur and actual results could differ materially from those anticipated or implied in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date the statement is made and we undertake no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. Accordingly, readers of this document are cautioned not to place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements included herein.
Capstead Mortgage Corporation
Lindsey Crabbe, 214-874-2339
KEYWORDS: United States North America Texas
The article Capstead Mortgage Corporation Declares a $0.31 Per Share Third Quarter 2013 Common Dividend and a $0.46875 Per Share Third Quarter 2013 Preferred Stock Series E Dividend originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.