American Express Hits Sweet Spot for Fans with Enriched On-Site and at Home Access to the 2013 US Op
American Express Hits Sweet Spot for Fans with Enriched On-Site and at Home Access to the 2013 US Open
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- In its 20th year as a US Open partner, American Express is introducing a suite of innovative digital and on-site benefits, designed to serve tennis fans the finest of the US Open, both on and off the courts at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center.
"We want to give our Card Members and all tennis fans a US Open experience that enhances their passion for the game," said Deborah Curtis, vice president of sports & entertainment marketing at American Express. "Whether it's perfecting their swing, following the matches on the go, or introducing the game to the next generation of fans, we aim to make the US Open Fan experience as fun and exciting as the action on the courts."
This year, American Express is offering even more ways for tennis fans to get involved with the action of the US Open and enjoy a truly customized experience throughout the two weeks of Championship play:
The US Open American Express® Fan Experience
For the third year at the US Open American Express Fan Experience, fans can perfect their game, catch the action on the courts and challenge their friends to a match. The Fan Experience, which is located indoors just inside the East Gate, features 20,000 square feet of interactive programming for all fans at the US Open, including:
- Professional Swing Analysis: All tennis fans can receive a personalized analysis and tips on how to improve their swing from a tennis professional. American Express Card Members may reserve a specific time for their lesson with a professional.
- The Art & Sound of Tennis: For the first time at the Open, fans will be given the chance to see and hear how their tennis swings are digitally-translated into works of art and music and share those images via their social channels. All fans will receive a digital snapshot of their swing in sequence which they can share via their social channels.
- Digital Tennis Gaming Center: Tennis players of all abilities can challenge their friends to a one-on-one, screen-to-screen game of virtual tennis.
- Fan Court: A full-sized, kid-friendly tennis court will feature live programming including 10-and-under tennis sessions, tennis clinics for all ages and player meet-and-greets. Professional players already scheduled to appear include rising stars Sloane Stephens, Madison Keys and Jack Sock.
- International Tennis Hall of Fame Exhibit: Fans can learn more about the history of tennis at a "Battle of the Sexes" -themed interactive collection of images and artifacts that celebrates the 40th anniversary of the iconic matches between Bobby Riggs and Billie Jean King and Riggs and Margaret Court.
- WTA Tour Booth: All fans can stop by to find out more about the elite professional women's tennis circuit. Player autograph sessions will be available throughout the tournament.
- IBM Winning Connections Data Wall: An interactive display that enables all fans to dig deep into IBM's expansive store of match statistics and data allowing them to analyze the game in a fun and engaging way.
- American Express Card Member Club: Card Members will also have access to an exclusive club within the Fan Experience offering refreshments, entertainment and opportunity to speak with tennis experts and writers about the game.
Fans Get Closer to the Action with US Open TrendCast from American Express
New this year, American Express is launching US Open TrendCast, a social-based fan experience that brings together trending topics and original radio programming. TrendCast, featured within the official US Open app, tracks the Championship's hottest stories via Twitter so that fans can explore trending topics and join the conversation directly from the app. Each day, the most popular social topics and fan Tweets help shape programming for the TrendCast Radio Show, which will be broadcast live from the Fan Experience daily at 4:00 p.m. EST. Fans can watch the 30-minute broadcast live from the Fan Experience or listen in on USOpen.org Radio. Tennis analysts Steve Flink and Matt Cronin will co-host the show offering their take on socially trending topics, highlighting fan comments, and answering the most popular fan Tweeted questions.
American Express Radio Live at the Open
Once again, American Express' popular complimentary radios will be available for American Express Card Members every day of the Open, featuring live play-by-play commentary and match updates from CBS, ESPN and the Tennis Channel. All tennis fans visiting on American Express Day at the US Open, Monday, September 2, have the opportunity to pick-up a radio. Twenty-thousand radios will be available at the Fan Experience or at any American Express satellite location on the grounds for non-Card Members that day.
Exclusive Offers for Card Members On-site
Card Members who sync their eligible American Express Card with their Facebook, Foursquare or Twitter account at Sync.AmericanExpress.com can unlock an exclusive offer to receive a one-time $10 statement credit when they use their synced American Express Card and spend $20 or more on-site at the US Open.i US Open fans who spend $150 on their American Express® Card on merchandise and concessions are eligible to receive a $50 Ralph Lauren e-gift card to be used after the tournament in Ralph Lauren stores and at RalphLauren.com. Card Members can learn more about these offers and sync their Cards at the Fan Experience or at any American Express satellite location.
World Class Customer Service Served Up at the Open
From the baseline to the frontline, American Express Customer Care Professionals will be on-site at the Fan Experience and throughout the grounds of the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center delivering their special brand of Relationship Care® servicing to its customers. Having deeply knowledgeable Customer Care Professionals on-site to answer inquiries about Card services and rewards helps ensure customers are taking full advantage of product benefits. As service is the cornerstone of the American Express brand, the event's in-person servicing is another way the company takes care of its customers.
Player Partners Passionate About Fresh Courts Refurbishments
Fresh Courts is a community funding effort in which American Express, in partnership with the USTA, invests in developing new generations of tennis fans, players and champions by renovating existing tennis facilities across the United States. For the first time, American Express and the USTA collaborated with three of the brightest stars in American tennis - Sloane Stephens, Madison Keys and Jack Sock - to identify community tennis courts they would like to see refurbished. Each player selected a location he or she is passionate about: Sloane Stephens selected courts for The Prince George's Tennis and Education Foundation in Largo, Maryland; Madison Keys chose Hodges Park in her hometown of Rock Island, Illinois; and Jack Sock identified hometown courts in Irvingdale Park in Lincoln, Nebraska. Since 2010, American Express and the USTA have refurbished more than 80 courts across the United States.
About American Express
American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Learn more at americanexpress.com and connect with us on facebook.com/americanexpress, foursquare.com/americanexpress, linkedin.com/companies/american-express, twitter.com/americanexpress, and youtube.com/americanexpress.
i Offer starts 8/26/2013 and ends 9/13/2013. Syncing must occur prior to qualifying purchase. Enrollment limited. Limit 1 per Card across all American Express offer platforms. Statement credits are generally issued within 3-5 business days after your qualifying purchase, but may take up to 2 billing periods to post to your account. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies a transaction as having occurred at this merchant, the transaction will not be eligible for the offer. Program Terms and Conditions apply, available at sync.americanexpress.com. Methods of syncing Card and adding offers to synced Card varies by social media platform.
KEYWORDS: United States North America New York
The article American Express Hits Sweet Spot for Fans with Enriched On-Site and at Home Access to the 2013 US Open originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.