Mentor Graphics Announces Program for the 13th Annual Automotive Integrated Electrical Solutions For
Mentor Graphics Announces Program for the 13thAnnual Automotive Integrated Electrical Solutions Forum (IESF 2013)
WILSONVILLE, Ore.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Mentor Graphics Corp. (NAS: MENT) , today announced the agenda for its thirteenth annual Integrated Electrical Solutions Forum. IESF 2013 is a day-long, free conference which covers all aspects of electrical and electronic design/simulation within the automotive, commercial vehicle, and off-highway industries. IESF 2013 takes place on Thursday, September 19, 2013 at the Ford Conference Center in Dearborn, Michigan, USA.
The Very Light Car developed by Edison2; Oliver Kuttner, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Edison2, is one of the keynote speakers at IESF 2013 in Detroit. (Photo: Business Wire)
The IESF program includes numerous industry presentations, breakout tracks on specialist topics, a solutions exposition including corporate-sponsored booths, product demonstrations, and networking events. IESF continues to be the only event with tracks dedicated to wire harness design and engineering in the automotive sector. Mentor also announced that IESF will continue to be sponsored by IBM and SAE International.
New this year is a track dedicated to electric and hybrid vehicle design. On these topics, the keynote will be from Oliver Kuttner, founder and chief executive officer of Edison2, a company involved in the ongoing development of the "Very Light Car" and winner of the Progressive Insurance Automotive X-Prize. The Progressive Insurance Automotive X-Prize was a global competition that awarded $10 million to three teams that built cars that achieved at least 100 MPG in real world driving; Edison2 won in the mainstream class.
Other speakers at IESF include Angus Lyon, chief engineer, Electric Drive Train, Drayson Racing Technologies, the company that recently set a new World Electric Land Speed Record of 204.185mph; and Adam Fowlkes, electrical engineering manager from Proterra Inc., the leading provider of zero-emission commercial transit solutions.
Other topics in the 70 sessions include the following:
- AUTOSAR - Updates, Challenges and Experiences-Robert Rimkus, engineering group manager for Software Architecture, General Motors
- Vehicle Software and Electrical Management: Process, Methods, Tools and Infrastructure - The Ford Experience-Christopher Davey, senior technical leader, Software and Control Systems Engineering, Ford Motor Company
- Connected and Electrified Vehicle - New Role for Standards- Jack Pokrzywa, director, Ground Vehicle Standards, SAE International
- Integrating a New ECAD System with Service Publications- Arnold Taube, principal engineer, Deere & Company
- Bringing Best-in-Industry Capability to our Engineers to Free Them to Innovate- Aaron Shin, senior director of Transition to Production, Raytheon
- Importance of Systems Engineering for Aston Martin- Alan Bennett, chief engineer, Electrical and Electronics, Aston Martin
- Systems Engineering at the Platform Level- Martin O'Brien, general manager, Integrated Electrical Systems, Mentor Graphics
- Industry Update: Electrical and Electronics 2013 Industry Trends and Observations- Paul Hansen, The Hansen Report
- Strategic Reuse - A Fundamental Approach for Success in E/E Engineering- Dr. Ron Felice, solution architect for Real Time and Embedded Systems, IBM
- Delivering Multi-domain Automotive Electronic Systems with GENIVI, AUTOSAR, and Hypervisor Technology- Warren Kurisu, director of product management, Embedded Software Division, Mentor Graphics
- Is that Your Customer?IBM's Latest Findings from Automotive Executives and 4,000 other C-suite Level Executives- Karen Newman, vice president, Americans Automotive Industry, IBM
Mentor also announced IESF events in Germany, China, India and Japan. For more information or to register, visit http://www.mentor.com/iesf.
About Mentor Graphics
Mentor Graphics Corporation is a world leader in electronic hardware and software design solutions, providing products, consulting services and award-winning support for the world's most successful electronic, semiconductor and systems companies. Established in 1981, the company reported revenues in the last fiscal year of about $1,090 million. Corporate headquarters are located at 8005 S.W. Boeckman Road, Wilsonville, Oregon 97070-7777. World Wide Web site: http://www.mentor.com/.
(Mentor Graphics is a registered trademark of Mentor Graphics Corporation. All other company or product names are the registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective owners.)
KEYWORDS: United States North America Michigan
The article Mentor Graphics Announces Program for the 13th Annual Automotive Integrated Electrical Solutions Forum (IESF 2013) originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.