Badger Meter Increases Dividend
Badger Meter Increases Dividend
MILWAUKEE--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Badger Meter, Inc. (NYS: BMI) today announced a 5.88% increase in its quarterly common stock dividend to 18 cents per share from 17 cents per share. The increased dividend is payable September 13, 2013, to shareholders of record August 30, 2013. The new annual dividend rate for the common stock is 72 cents per share.
"This is our twenty-first consecutive year of increased dividend payments. The increase reflects our ongoing commitment to our shareholders and our continued confidence in the future of Badger Meter," said Richard A. Meeusen, chairman, president and chief executive officer.
About Badger Meter
The core competency of Badger Meter is flow measurement solutions. The company is a leading innovator, manufacturer and marketer of flow measurement and control products, serving water and gas utilities, municipalities and industrial customers worldwide. Measuring a variety of liquids from water to oil and lubricants in industrial processes, the company's products are known for their high degree of accuracy, long-lasting durability and their ability to provide valuable and timely measurement information to customers.
Certain statements contained in this news release, as well as other information provided from time to time by Badger Meter, Inc. (the "Company") or its employees, may contain forward looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward looking statements. The words "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "expect," "think," "should," "could" and "objective" or similar expressions are intended to identify forward looking statements. All such forward looking statements are based on the Company's then current views and assumptions and involve risks and uncertainties. Some risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in forward looking statements include those described in Item 1A of the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2012 that include, among other things:
- the continued shift in the Company's business from lower cost, manually read meters toward more expensive, value-added automatic meter reading (AMR) systems, advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) systems and advanced metering analytics (AMA) systems that offer more comprehensive solutions to customers' metering needs;
- the success or failure of newer Company products;
- changes in competitive pricing and bids in both the domestic and foreign marketplaces, and particularly in continued intense price competition on government bid contracts for lower cost, manually read meters;
- the actions (or lack thereof) of the Company's competitors;
- changes in the Company's relationships with its alliance partners, primarily its alliance partners that provide radio solutions, and particularly those that sell products that do or may compete with the Company's products;
- changes in the general health of the United States and foreign economies, including to some extent such things as the length and severity of global economic downturns, the ability of municipal water utility customers to authorize and finance purchases of the Company's products, the Company's ability to obtain financing, housing starts in the United States, and overall industrial activity;
- unusual weather and other natural phenomena, including related economic and other ancillary effects of any such events;
- the timing and impact of government programs to stimulate national and global economies;
- changes in the cost and/or availability of needed raw materials and parts, such as volatility in the cost of brass castings as a result of fluctuations in commodity prices, particularly for copper and scrap metal at the supplier level, foreign-sourced electronic components as a result of currency exchange fluctuations and/or lead times, and plastic resin as a result of changes in petroleum and natural gas prices;
- the Company's expanded role as a prime contractor for providing complete connectivity systems to governmental entities, which brings with it added risks, including but not limited to, the Company's responsibility for subcontractor performance, additional costs and expenses if the Company and its subcontractors fail to meet the timetable agreed to with the governmental entity, and the Company's expanded warranty and performance obligations;
- the Company's ability to successfully integrate acquired businesses or products;
- changes in foreign economic conditions, particularly currency fluctuations in the United States dollar, the Euro and the Mexican peso;
- the loss of certain single-source suppliers; and
- changes in laws and regulations, particularly laws dealing with the use of lead (which can be used in the manufacture of certain meters incorporating brass housings) and the United States Federal Communications Commission rules affecting the use and/or licensing of radio frequencies necessary for radio products.
All of these factors are beyond the Company's control to varying degrees. Shareholders, potential investors and other readers are urged to consider these factors carefully in evaluating the forward looking statements contained in this news release and are cautioned not to place undue reliance on such forward looking statements. The forward looking statements made in this document are made only as of the date of this document and the Company assumes no obligation, and disclaims any obligation, to update any such forward looking statements to reflect subsequent events or circumstances.
Badger Meter company news is available
24 hours a day, on-line at:http://www.badgermeter.com.
Badger Meter, Inc.
Joan C. Zimmer, (414) 371-5702
KEYWORDS: United States North America Wisconsin
The article Badger Meter Increases Dividend originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.