Simulations Plus Releases MedChem Studio™ 3.5 and MedChem Designer™ 2.5
Simulations Plus ReleasesMedChem Studio™ 3.5 and MedChem Designer™ 2.5
Software Upgrades Further Expand Powerful Data Mining and Molecule Design Programs, Extend Technological Lead of Simulations Plus
LANCASTER, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Simulations Plus, Inc. (NAS: SLP) , a leading provider of simulation and modeling software for pharmaceutical discovery and development, today announced that it has released Version 3.5 of its MedChem Studio™ and Version 2.5 of its MedChem Designer™ software programs for data mining and molecule design.
Dr. David Miller, team leader for Discovery Cheminformatics, said, "MedChem Studio and MedChem Designer have both been improved in a number of ways to further speed up drug discovery by enabling computational and medicinal chemists to rapidly and effectively mine large chemical libraries and to design brand new molecules to hit specified targets and, by tight integration with our best-in-class ADMET Predictor™ program, to have acceptable ADMET (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, Excretion, and Toxicity) properties. While we cannot list every enhancement here, the major new features are:
- Greatly improved structure depiction that provides crisper, cleaner molecule diagrams
- Enhanced Matched Molecular Pair (MMP) analyses to compare the effects of small structure changes on a wide variety of properties
- A new equation solver which enables chemists to calculate new functions that relate multiple properties in user-defined ways
- Enhanced graphical output that rivals expensive dedicated graphing packages in many respects
- More powerful and flexible queries to enable scientists to search through large chemical libraries (databases containing huge numbers of molecules) to find molecules that match certain characteristics
- A new R Group Analyzer™ feature that enables scientists to see how different substituents (small groups of atoms) at specific locations on a scaffold (base structure) affect the properties of the molecules
- The addition of hot URL inks within the spreadsheet cells to connect to local, intranet, or Internet locations for reference material related to the molecule at hand
- A completely new software licensing package (FlexNet™ from Flexera Software) that is faster, more flexible, and more convenient to the end user compared to our previous method and is common in the pharmaceutical industry."
John DiBella, vice president for marketing and sales of Simulations Plus, added, "A significant focus of these versions has been on data mining and analysis, and we believe these new and enhanced capabilities translate across a number of industries. Our highly successful malaria NCE project molecules were designed with the previous versions of our ADMET Design Suite™ (MedChem Studio, MedChem Designer, and ADMET Predictor). Now that we have released ADMET Predictor 6.5, MedChem Studio 3.5, and MedChem Designer 2.5, this powerful combination of software programs is being used in our second NCE project, which we hope to announce shortly. We believe these improvements will help us to continue to expand into new markets, as scientists appreciate the wide variety of powerful features contained in the MedChem Studio platform."
About Simulations Plus, Inc.
Simulations Plus, Inc., is a premier developer of groundbreaking drug discovery and development simulation and modeling software, which is licensed to and used in the conduct of drug research by major pharmaceutical, biotechnology, agrochemical, and food industry companies worldwide. We also provide a productivity tool called Abbreviate! for PCs. Simulations Plus, Inc., is headquartered in Southern California and trades on the NASDAQ Capital Market under the symbol "SLP." For more information, visit our Web site at www.simulations-plus.com.
Safe Harbor Statement Under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 - With the exception of historical information, the matters discussed in this press release are forward-looking statements that involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Words like "believe," "expect" and "anticipate" mean that these are our best estimates as of this writing, but that there can be no assurances that expected or anticipated results or events will actually take place, so our actual future results could differ significantly from those statements. Factors that could cause or contribute to such differences include, but are not limited to: our ability to maintain our competitive advantages, acceptance of new software and improved versions of our existing software by our customers, the general economics of the pharmaceutical industry, our ability to finance growth, our ability to continue to attract and retain highly qualified technical staff, our ability to identify and close acquisitions on terms favorable to the Company, and a sustainable market. Further information on our risk factors is contained in our quarterly and annual reports as filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
KEYWORDS: United States North America California
The article Simulations Plus Releases MedChem Studio™ 3.5 and MedChem Designer™ 2.5 originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.