Range Second Quarter Production Increases 27%
Range Second Quarter Production Increases 27%
FORT WORTH, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- RANGE RESOURCES CORPORATION
- Production was 79% natural gas, 15% natural gas liquids ("NGLs") and 6% crude oil and condensate.
- Compared to the prior year quarter, oil and condensate production increased 39%, NGL production rose 35%, while natural gas production increased 24%.
- Adjusting for the sale of the New Mexico properties which closed at the beginning of the second quarter of 2013 comprising production of approximately 18 Mmcfe per day with 30% being liquids, second quarter production would have increased 30% over the prior year quarter with oil and condensate production increasing 57%, NGL production increasing 35% and natural gas production increasing 27%.
The record production was primarily driven by the continued success of the Company's drilling program in the Marcellus Shale. Second quarter production of 910 Mmcfe per day exceeded the high-end of Company guidance of 880 - 890 Mmcfe per day due to the timing of turning wells to production and continued positive performance of wells in the Marcellus Shale.
The Company also announced its preliminary second quarter 2013 natural gas, NGLs and oil price realizations (including the impact of cash-settled hedges and derivative settlements which would correspond to analysts' estimates) averaged $5.02 per mcfe, a 6% composite increase from the prior year quarter.
- Production and preliminary realized prices by each commodity for the second quarter of 2013 were: natural gas - 713 Mmcf per day ($4.20 per mcf), NGLs - 23,247 barrels per day ($32.92 per barrel) and crude oil and condensate - 9,500 barrels per day ($85.09 per barrel).
- The second quarter average natural gas pricing improved $0.63 per mcf, before hedging settlements, as compared to the first quarter of 2013 and increased $2.00 per mcf as compared to the prior year quarter. Financial hedges added $0.07 per mcf in the current quarter and added $1.54 per mcf in the prior year quarter.
- NGL pricing, before hedges, was 33% of the West Texas Intermediate index ("WTI") for the second quarter compared to 38% of WTI for the first quarter of 2013 due to normal seasonality and a softer butane market. NGL realizations for the prior year quarter were 39% of WTI.
- Crude oil and condensate price realizations, before hedges, for the second quarter averaged 89% of WTI essentially flat with the first quarter of 2013 and the prior year quarter.
Commenting on the announcement, Jeff Ventura, Range's President and CEO, said, "Second quarter production results were outstanding and reflect the continuing efforts of our operating and marketing teams. The success of our drilling program over the first half of the year puts us on track to achieve the high-end of our production growth target of 20% to 25% for 2013. More importantly, our sizable position in the Marcellus Shale gives us confidence that we can deliver similar line-of-sight growth of 20% to 25% for many years. We believe this strong growth, coupled with high returns, low cost and low reinvestment risk will allow Range to drive substantial growth per share for our shareholders for years to come."
The information in this release is unaudited. Final results, including final second quarter 2013 product price realizations (including the impact of cash-settled hedges and derivative settlements) and costs will be provided in our Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2013 currently planned to be filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission by the end of July 2013.
RANGE RESOURCES CORPORATION
Except for historical information, statements made in this release such as expected growth targets, expected per share growth, expected increasing liquids production, expected high rates of return, expected future cash flow growth, expected future low cost structure, expected high-return drilling inventory and expected future production growth are forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. These statements are based on assumptions and estimates that management believes are reasonable based on currently available information; however, management's assumptions and Range's future performance are subject to a wide range of business risks and uncertainties and there is no assurance that these goals and projections can or will be met.Any number of factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, the volatility of oil and gas prices, the results of hedging transactions, the costs and results of drilling and operations, the timing of production, mechanical and other inherent risks associated with oil and gas production, weather, the availability of drilling equipment, changes in interest rates, litigation, uncertainties about reserve estimates and environmental risks. Range undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements.
Further information on risks and uncertainties is available in Range's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), which are incorporated by reference.Investors are urged to consider closely the disclosure in our most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K, available from our website atwww.rangeresources.comor by written request to 100 Throckmorton Street, Suite 1200, Fort Worth, Texas 76102.You can also obtain this Form 10-K by calling the SEC at 1-800-SEC-0330.
Range Resources Corporation
Rodney Waller, 817-869-4258
Senior Vice President
David Amend, 817-869-4266
Investor Relations Manager
Laith Sando, 817-869-4267
Michael Freeman, 817-869-4264
Matt Pitzarella, 724-873-3224
Director of Corporate Communications
KEYWORDS: United States North America Texas
The article Range Second Quarter Production Increases 27% originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.