2K Announces Sid Meier's Civilization® V: Brave New World Expansion Pack Now Available
2K Announces Sid Meier's Civilization® V: Brave New World Expansion Pack Now Available
Wait is over for second massive expansion of critically acclaimed strategy game featuring new gameplay systems, civilizations, strategies and more
Join the conversation on Twitter using the hash tag#Civ
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- 2K and Firaxis Games announced today that Sid Meier's Civilization® V: Brave New World*, the second expansion pack for the award-winning CivilizationV, is now available for Windows-based PC and Mac® in North America and will be available internationally on July 12, 2013. Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World brings a massive amount of new gameplay to the Civilization V experience, providing gamers with even more rewarding ways to achieve world domination through enhanced trade, culture, diplomacy and more.
"Civilization V: Brave New World fits the pedigree of robust expansions for the Civilization series," said Sarah Anderson, senior vice president of marketing for 2K. "Once again, the team at Firaxis Games has exceeded our expectations and delivered yet another stellar Civ experience."
Developed by Firaxis Games and brought to the Mac by Aspyr Media, Civilization V: Brave New World provides new depth and replayability through the introduction of international trade and a focus on culture and diplomacy. The player's influence around the world will be affected by creating a number of Great Works across a variety of crafts, choosing an ideology for their civilization, and proposing global resolutions in the new World Congress. As players move through the ages of history, they will make critical decisions that influence relationships with all civilizations in the game world.
"Civilization V: Brave New World epitomizes how the Civilization series continues to grow and evolve," added Sid Meier, director of creative development at Firaxis Games. "We're constantly looking at ways for fans to have completely new experiences playing Civ, and now there are even more ways to achieve world domination than ever before."
In addition to the new gameplay systems such as international trade routes, Great Works and ideologies, Civilization V: Brave New World features all of the new gameplay systems that were added in Civilization V: Gods & Kings* including religion, espionage, new types of city-states, technologies, wonders and more.
Key features for Civilization V: Brave New World include:
- New Civilizations, Units and Buildings: The expansion features nine new civilizations, including Assyria, Brazil, Indonesia, Morocco, Poland, Portugal, Shoshone, Venice and Zulu. Each of these civilizations has unique traits, units, buildings and all-new leaders.
- New Culture Victory: Spread your culture across the globe, dominating all other cultures. Create masterpieces with Great Artists, Writers, and Musicians that are placed in key buildings across your empire, like Museums, Opera Houses and even the Great Library. Use Archaeologists to investigate sites of ancient battles and city ruins for priceless cultural artifacts. Become the first civilization with a majority influence in all other civilizations to achieve a Culture Victory, becoming the envy of the world.
- World Congress: The importance of diplomacy is intensified and city-state alliances are more important than ever. Change the diplomatic landscape through a new World Congress that votes on critical issues like implementing trade sanctions against rogue nations, limiting resource usage, designating host cities for the World Games and the use of nuclear weapons. Game-changing resolutions, vote trading, intrigue, and a new lead into the Diplomatic Victory ensures that the end of the game will be more dynamic than ever before.
- International Trade Routes: Build your cities into hubs of international trade by land and sea, creating great wealth and prosperity for your people, while also spreading religion, cultural influence, and science. The number of trade routes increases through the advancement of economics and technologies, the creation of wonders and the unique abilities of your civilization. Will you connect to a closer city for a lower payoff and a safer route, choose a longer route with more risk for the bigger payoff, or perhaps point your trade route inward, sending vitally important food and production to the far corners of your own empire?
- New Wonders: Eight new Wonders are introduced, including the Parthenon, Broadway, the Uffizi, and more.
- New Game Scenarios: Two new scenarios let gamers fight the "War Between the States" and embark on the epic Scramble for Africa. Fight the American Civil War from either the Union or Confederate side, as you focus on the critical action in the Eastern theatre of operations between the capital cities of Richmond and Washington. In "Scramble for Africa", the great colonial powers of the world are racing to explore the Dark Continent and extend their reach into its interior. Search for great natural wonders in the heart of Africa, as you explore a dynamically-generated continent each time you play.
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World is rated E10+ by the ESRB and is now available for Windows-based PC and Mac in North America and will be available internationally on July 12, 2013. For more information on Civilization V: Brave New World, please visit www.civilization.com and become a fan on Facebook.
*Civilization V: Brave New World requires Civilization V to play and includes all gameplay content added in Civilization V: Gods & Kings except for the nine Civilizations and three scenarios that were included in Gods & Kings.
2K is a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NAS: TTWO) .
About Take-Two Interactive Software
Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, marketer and publisher of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. The Company develops and publishes products through its two wholly-owned labels Rockstar Games and 2K. Our products are designed for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, and are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. The Company's common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO. For more corporate and product information please visit our website at http://www.take2games.com.
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today's most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment. The 2K label has some of the most talented development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Irrational Games, 2K Marin, 2K Australia, 2K Czech, Cat Daddy Games and 2K China. 2K's stable of high quality titles includes the critically acclaimed BioShock®, Borderlands™ and XCOM® franchises, the beloved Sid Meier'sCivilization series, the popular WWE 2K franchise and NBA 2K, the #1 rated and #1 selling basketball franchise**. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NAS: TTWO) . For more information, please visit www.2K.com.
**According to 2008 - 2013 Metacritic.comand The NPD Group estimates of U.S. retail video game sales through May 2013.
About Firaxis Games
Firaxis Games™ is one of the world's premier game development studios, and home of legendary designer Sid Meier. Firaxis has developed some of the most successful and award-winning computer and video games on the market today including: the award winning Sid Meier's Civilization® V for the PC, as well as the critically acclaimed expansion pack, Sid Meier's Civilization® V: Gods and Kings, Sid Meier's Civilization® Revolution™ for console, iPhone®, iPod touch®, iPad® and Nintendo DS, 2005 PC Game of the Year - Sid Meier's Civilization IV®, the expansions Civilization IV: Warlords®, Civilization IV: Beyond The Sword™, and Civilization IV: Colonization™, the blockbuster Sid Meier's Civilization® III series, Sid Meier's Pirates!® (PC, Xbox® and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system), Sid Meier's SimGolf™ and Sid Meier's Railroads!™. Firaxis legacy titles include the Sid Meier's Civil War Series!™ (Gettysburg!, Antietam!, and South Mountain), and the Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri® series. In 2005, Firaxis Games was acquired by Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., joining its 2K publishing label. The company has just released XCOM®: Enemy Unknown for Windows PC, the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, iPhone, iPad and iPod touch to much critical acclaim. Firaxis has just released their first titles exclusively for iPad and iPhone; Haunted Hollow™ and Sid Meier's Ace Patrol™.
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The statements contained herein which are not historical facts are considered forward-looking statements under federal securities laws and may be identified by words such as "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "expects," "intends," "plans," "potential," "predicts," "projects," "seeks," "will," or words of similar meaning and include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the outlook for the Company's future business and financial performance. Such forward-looking statements are based on the current beliefs of our management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to them, which are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. Actual outcomes and results may vary materially from these forward-looking statements based on a variety of risks and uncertainties including: our dependence on key management and product development personnel, our dependence on our Grand Theft Auto products and our ability to develop other hit titles for current and next-generation platforms, the timely release and significant market acceptance of our games, the ability to maintain acceptable pricing levels on our games, our ability to raise capital if needed and risks associated with international operations. Other important factors and information are contained in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2013, in the section entitled "Risk Factors," and the Company's other periodic filings with the SEC, which can be accessed at www.take2games.com. All forward-looking statements are qualified by these cautionary statements and apply only as of the date they are made. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Brian Roundy, 415-507-7532
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
Alan Lewis (Corporate Press), 646-536-2983
Access Communications for 2K
Ian Guss, 917-522-3536
KEYWORDS: United States North America New York
The article 2K Announces Sid Meier's Civilization® V: Brave New World Expansion Pack Now Available originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.