Model sues Kevin Hart and others for $60 million over 2017 sex tape

The model who says she was secretly recorded having sex with Kevin Hart has filed a $60 million lawsuit against the comedian, his friend and a Las Vegas hotel.

Montia Sabbag, 28, claims she had no idea there were cameras hidden around Hart’s private suite at the Cosmopolitan when she had consensual sex with him there in 2017.

In her 38-page complaint obtained by the Daily News, Sabbag says she now believes Hart, recently badly injured in a car crash, allowed his friend Jonathan “JT” Jackson to record the intimate encounter that later ended up on the internet.

“Hart conspired with Jackson to intentionally record Ms. Sabbag naked and engaged in private sexual relations with Hart in a private bedroom at the Cosmopolitan without her knowledge or consent for the purpose of obtaining tremendous financial benefit for himself,” the negligence lawsuit filed in federal court in Los Angeles states.

She argues Hart, 40, was motivated by the “additional publicity and media attention" that the video garnered and his desire to “increase his overall pop culture status.”

Related: Kevin Hart

6 PHOTOS
Kevin Hart
See Gallery
Kevin Hart
WESTWOOD, CA - JUNE 10: Actors Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart arrive at the premiere of Warner Bros. Pictures' 'Central Intelligence' at Westwood Village Theatre on June 10, 2016 in Westwood, California. (Photo by Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic)
LOS ANGELES, CA - APRIL 12: Honoree Kevin Hart, recipient of the Comedic Genius Award, poses in the press room during The 2015 MTV Movie Awards at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on April 12, 2015 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Michael Buckner/Getty Images)
LOS ANGELES, CA - APRIL 12: Actor Kevin Hart (C) with Heaven Hart (L) and Hendrix Hart (R) during The 2015 MTV Movie Awards at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on April 12, 2015 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Kevin Mazur/MTV1415/WireImage)
WATCH WHAT HAPPENS LIVE -- Pictured: Kevin Hart -- (Photo by: Charles Sykes/Bravo/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images)
WASHINGTON, DC - OCTOBER 12: Actor/comic Kevin Hart walks the red carpet for the screening of his concert film, 'What Now?' at Regal Gallery Place on October 12, 2016 in Washington, DC. (Photo by Shannon Finney/FilmMagic)
PHILADELPHIA, PA - OCTOBER 12: Actor Kevin Hart and wife, Eniko Parrish attend 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Philadelphia Screening at UA Riverview 17 on October 12, 2016 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. (Photo by Gilbert Carrasquillo/Getty Images)
HIDE CAPTION
SHOW CAPTION
of
SEE ALL
BACK TO SLIDE

She says the nearly three-minute video posted online Sept. 17, 2017, depicted her naked from the waist down engaged in “private, consensual sexual relations” with Hart.

“The unknowing and unwelcome filming of Ms. Sabbag while naked and engaging in private sexual activity in a private bedroom and the further dissemination of the unauthorized video of Ms. Sabbag at the Cosmopolitan has caused and continues to cause Ms. Sabbag great emotional distress and embarrassment,” the lawsuit states.

Hart addressed the recording after it became public two years ago and appeared to admit to cheating on his wife, Eniko Parrish.

He confessed to a “bad error of judgment” in an Instagram video and claimed someone had targeted him for “financial gain” over the incident.

“It’s a s----y moment where you know you’re wrong. There’s no excuses for your behavior," Hart said.

Hart is now one of the highest-paid comedians in Hollywood after snagging lucrative roles in the “Jumanji,” “Secret Life of Pets” and “Ride Along” franchises.

He was badly injured in a Sept. 1 car crash that totaled his vintage muscle car and landed him and friend in the hospital.

Reps for Hart did not respond to a request for comment Monday.

Sabbag held a press conference two years ago to deny speculation she was extorting Hart.

“I was involved with Kevin Hart a month ago. Since then, my pictures and my name have been released with lies written about me,” she said.

“I’m not an extortionist. I’m not a stripper. I’m a recording artist and an actress, and I have not broken any laws,” she said.

“I had nothing to do with these recordings,” she vowed.

TMZ previously published some grainy images from the recording and reported Sabbag and Hart spent a “wild weekend” together.

The website also said the FBI was investigating a multi-million extortion attempt against Hart.

Read Full Story

Sign up for Entertainment Insider by AOL to get the hottest pop culture news delivered straight to your inbox!

Subscribe to our other newsletters

Emails may offer personalized content or ads. Learn more. You may unsubscribe any time.