Megyn Kelly slams the Daily Mail for 'secretly' videotaping her 7-year-old daughter: 'THIS IS NOT RIGHT'

It’s been one week since Megyn Kelly‘s professional life unraveled at NBC and paparazzi are clamoring to get the first photos of her post-scandal.

Megyn Kelly apologizes for her blackface comments on Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2018. (Photo: Nathan Congleton/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank)
Megyn Kelly apologizes for her blackface comments on Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2018. (Photo: Nathan Congleton/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank)

The ousted Megyn Kelly Today host called out the paparazzi “lurking” outside her house “day and night” on Twitter Wednesday but took issue with one in particular. Kelly blasted a photographer from the U.K.-based Daily Mail, whom she says took pictures of her husband “in our home” and followed her 7-year-old daughter to school, where the paparazzo “secretly videotaped” her child and classmates.

Kelly is a mother of three: Edward, 9, Yardley, 7, and Thatcher, 5.

Although the former Fox News host made no mention of last week’s blackface controversy, negotiations are getting contentious between Kelly’s lawyers and NBC. Last week, NBC officially axed Megyn Kelly Today and her departure from the network was “imminent,” according to her former Today show co-stars. The only hang-up? Negotiating her exit package and that massive $69 million contract.

According to — ironically — the Daily Mail, Kelly wants the remainder of her contract paid out, plus $10 million as she purportedly believes the network ruined her career. Kelly had signed a $69 million, three-year contract with the network. An NBC source also says she refuses to sign a nondisclosure agreement.

On Wednesday, Kelly’s team took NBC News chairman Andrew Lack to task over the story. “Despite my efforts to handle this process confidentially, NBC News is allowing the media to run with completely false and irresponsible reports that disparage Megyn by erroneously claiming she has ever asked for more money than her contract requires,” her lawyer, Bryan Freedman, said in a statement sent to the media.

Freedman added: “If NBC News is not the source then they have a responsibility as a news division to correct these false claims. Or are they somehow attempting to use these fabrications for some fictitious advantage in the discussions we’re having? If Andy Lack has lost control, my hope would be that Steve Burke can step in and not permit blatant lies about our discussions to remain uncorrected.”

Steve Burke is the CEO of NBCUniversal.

NBC issued a statement Wednesday in response to Freedman: “Unlike Mr. Freedman, who has repeatedly commented to the media throughout the negotiations, we respect the confidentiality of the process, and will have no comment until it reaches its conclusion.”

Read more from Yahoo Entertainment: