Chris Hardwick will return to work at NBC, the network announced on Tuesday.
The host will appear on next week’s episode of “America’s Got Talent” as scheduled, and will return to host the third season of “The Wall” when the game show resumes production in the fall.
The decision came more than a month after the network said it would “assess” Hardwick’s role at NBC following accusations of emotional abuse and controlling behavior by one of his ex-girlfriends.
“These allegations about Chris Hardwick took us by surprise as we have had a positive working relationship with him,” the network said in a statement at that time. “However, we take allegations of misconduct very seriously.”
See photos of Chris Hardwick and ex Chloe Dykstra, who accused him of abuse:
Last week, AMC announced that it had completed its own investigation into Hardwick’s behavior and would reinstate him as host of “Talking Dead.”
“We take these matters very seriously and given the information available to us after a very careful review, including interviews with numerous individuals, we believe returning Chris to work is the appropriate step,” the cable network said.
Aug. 7’s episode of “America’s Got Talent” will mark Hardwick’s first TV appearance since the accusations were made public.
In a Medium essay published in June, host and actress Chloe Dykstra said she was pressured into having sex and taking jobs from Hardwick, frequently “snapped/yelled at” and, eventually, blacklisted from companies connected to her ex-boyfriend.
Hardwick, who was briefly dropped by AMC and cut from moderating several Comic-Con panels in the weeks following the essay’s publication, has denied the allegations of abuse.