'The Chew' canceled at ABC amid reports of NYPD investigating Mario Batali

ABC has canceled "The Chew," the network announced Wednesday. The show's current time slot will be filled with an additional hour of "Good Morning America."

The cancelation comes two days after reports that Mario Batali, who co-hosted "The Chew" from its inception until December 2017, is under investigation by the NYPD for alleged sex-related crimes. ABC fired Batali from the show in December after a first wave of accusations was made public.

A press release from the network notes that all-new episodes of "The Chew" will continue to air in June, but the show itself will cease production at the end of this season.

An ABC rep tells AOL Entertainment the cancelation was a "business decision" unrelated to Batali: "He did not factor into this."

The show, which blends cooking with a talk-show format, is currently hosted by Michael Symon, Carla Hall and Clinton Kelly.

Hall said just last week that she didn't expect Batali to be replaced on the show: That was "not in the plans," she told Us Weekly.